News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 617     1 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

2 May 2010 update:

dsc03221g.jpg

dsc03201p.jpg

Any Updates? Verbal or Pictorial

Has anyone seen what kind of progress has been made this month? Have they finished the concrete structure yet? including "connect"?
Thanks for any updates!

connect is the 7th or 8th floor right now.

heard they were supposed to build a sobeys where the sales office is? Can anybody confirm this? Also, any updates on the pedestrian bridge?

My apologies. My intention wasn't to dismiss your photos urbandreamer. I do appreciate your photos of the building. I was really hoping that they had finished the concrete structure in the weeks since your last photo, and that someone had a photo of the completed building.

I do understand the feeling that King and Fraser/Dufferin is not a "there", is ghetto, and not friendly to pedestrians.I personally don't need to be in a "there" location all the time. I actually enjoy walking through the old industrial brick building neighbourhoods directly across King Street, and I don't mind living in the ghetto, though it isn't the ghetto it was a decade ago. But the main reasons I chose that side of the tracks are to be close to the GO train station at the Ex and the climbing gym. So we all have our reasons for choosing where we live.

Thanks again for the photos.
Anymore?

I do understand the feeling that King and Fraser/Dufferin is not a "there", is ghetto, and not friendly to pedestrians. I personally don't need to be in a "there" location all the time. I actually enjoy walking through the old industrial brick building neighbourhoods directly across King Street, and I don't mind living in the ghetto, though it isn't the ghetto it was a decade ago. But the main reasons I chose that side of the tracks are to be close to the GO train station at the Ex and the climbing gym. So we all have our reasons for choosing where we live.

Don't let urbandreamer's descriptions of a neighbourhood throw you: he is often harsh and perfunctory. Just south of here there is a lot of "there" there, in Liberty Village. When the pedestrian bridge is put in, there will be lots of "there" there just north of you too, in the Queen West Triangle of course.

^It's too ghetto on that side of the tracks for me to bother getting closer shots of the buildings, sorry. Seriously, as a pedestrian, that part of the world is radically different than Queen West--there's no "there, there."

The other side is free of the Queen West twats though, so it's kind of a toss up.

Don't let urbandreamer's descriptions of a neighbourhood throw you: he is often harsh and perfunctory. Just south of here there is a lot of "there" there, in Liberty Village. When the pedestrian bridge is put in, there will be lots of "there" there just north of you too, in the Queen West Triangle of course.

I stopped reading anything urbandreamer writes a long time ago. He probably lives on Jane & Finch and wishes he could live in the areas he calls the "ghetto". Get a life urbandreamer! Calling that part of King West too "ghetto" is a joke. Liberty Village is right accross the street, would you call that ghetto too? Go walk around the streets of Detroit for the night and let me know if you want to take back your comment. Your a joke! Judging by the number of post you have contributed and how long you have been this forum, one would think you have gained some knowledge from posting stupid comments, i guess not. I guess you have gotten a lot of similar responses from other members of this forum.

I don't mean ghetto as in Detroit ghetto or Jane&Finch ghetto. What I mean is King St itself here is dull, nothing to see really--aka no art galleries, cafes etc. It's very much like a car-only zone. That's ghetto to me.:) I'm far too lazy to walk from Queen West to King St just to take some photos of these ugly buildings under construction...unless you're willing to pay me for my efforts.

I'm aware LV is near by, but it too is very car centric. I prefer the triangle between Dundas and Queen to the uninteresting section by this development.

Do I live in a ghetto? Yeah I do, and it's filled with Russians. (Russian hookers are hot, ya know? :D)

Oh, and stop complaining about me, would you! Unlike you, I actually take the effort to take and post photos on this site. If I'm out on my 10 hour walks and decide to take photos of construction sites, y'all should be thankful; and of course I reserve the right to make snarky comments about what I see.:)

Last edited:
I don't mean ghetto as in Detroit ghetto or Jane&Finch ghetto. What I mean is King St itself here is dull, nothing to see really--aka no art galleries, cafes etc. It's very much like a car-only zone. That's ghetto to me.:) I'm far too lazy to walk from Queen West to King St just to take some photos of these ugly buildings under construction...unless you're willing to pay me for my efforts.

I'm aware LV is near by, but it too is very car centric. I prefer the triangle between Dundas and Queen to the uninteresting section by this development.

Do I live in a ghetto? Yeah I do, and it's filled with Russians. (Russian hookers are hot, ya know? :D)

Oh, and stop complaining about me, would you! Unlike you, I actually take the effort to take and post photos on this site. If I'm out on my 10 hour walks and decide to take photos of construction sites, y'all should be thankful; and of course I reserve the right to make snarky comments about what I see.:)

If you mean "dull", why not say dull? Instead you mislead other members by using the word "ghetto". Did you ever think there are other members who might live in that area and you are offending them by making stupid comments that don't make sense, like using the word "ghetto" when you really mean dull. Tust me, i'm not complaining about you, I am just letting other members know you are joke and shouldn't be taken serioulsy as evidence of you trying to explain your meaning of "ghetto". Get a life dude or take your stupid comments somewhere else. There is no need for stuff like this on this forum, take it somewhere else. I've read numerous other threads where you were bashing their neibourhood or place of residence too, so this isn't the first time. I pretty sure there are other members who feel the same way about your stupid comments as i do.

Last edited by a moderator:
King and Dufferin is pretty "ghetto". How can anyone disagree with that? I worked in the area for many years and I can assure you it's not "dull" in the least, instead it's very entertaining, but a "ghetto" nevertheless. However, east, south or even north of that are pretty decent with new condos going up all over the place. Gentrification changes everything! :)

Back