News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 617     1 

Bridge, The + Connect (Urbancorp, 22s, Kirkor)

Does anyone know what is being built on the site that the Connect/Fuzion sales centre is currently on?

Also, what's the word on the actual bridge that is supposed to be built "connecting" King St. and Queen St.?

Lastly, I heard some rumblings that the cities fleet storage/transportation services building was going to be turned into a supermarket or shopping plaza of some sort... Is this true?

A quick reminder of The Bridge + Connect ... relative to the new Fuzion King West site (where park/urban square was shown)

Click to Enlarge

Does anyone know what is being built on the site that the Connect/Fuzion sales centre is currently on?

Also, what's the word on the actual bridge that is supposed to be built "connecting" King St. and Queen St.?

Lastly, I heard some rumblings that the cities fleet storage/transportation services building was going to be turned into a supermarket or shopping plaza of some sort... Is this true?

I'm curious about this bridge as well, does anyone have any information on this?

24 March 2010 update:

dsc01543bu.jpg

March 31 2010 update

East + North Elevations - now @ 20th floor
Click to Enlarge

So when is the completion date and what are the prices for remaining units? Thanks.

onfence, why don't you visit the sales office, and check it out yourself? Or maybe hire an agent to do that for you. I doubt that any of us members here who's not an agent will actually take time to check it out for you and reply to your question in details here.

onfence, why don't you visit the sales office, and check it out yourself? Or maybe hire an agent to do that for you. I doubt that any of us members here who's not an agent will actually take time to check it out for you and reply to your question in details here.

Ya, I know. I tried calling offices but still have to receive replies from some developers. Just thought that I'll also give it a shot on UT as well since many posters are knowledgeable here.

Onfence, stick to the Real Estate forum if you want to ask about prices, or you will be banned.

Onfence, stick to the Real Estate forum if you want to ask about prices, or you will be banned.

Possible ban?? That's quite heavy-handed esp when there aren't any forum rules addressing this issue, and, for a new user such as myself, it is rather confusing to differentiate between Greater Toronto Discussion-->Projects & Construction vs Real Estate-->General Discussions (the latter of which I now assume is supposedly the correct place to ask my questions). Adding to the confusion, that other poster specifically told me that I shouldn't even ask those questions here on UT, period, whereas you said I may in the RE forum.

I'm just a new member and from quick perusal of the various posts, there are many knowledgeable users here w/ lots of good information to share. However, I must say that I am very surprised at this treatment from the very few of you who have chosen to speak out negatively to me just because I innocently posted in what I now know is the wrong section. Amazing.

there aren't any forum rules addressing this issue

There are indeed forum rules addressing this issue.The Urban Toronto Rules of Conduct, state the following, in part:

Real Estate Thread:
- A designated place for discussion of real estate related issues, such as neighbourhood market discussions, questions about purchasing, questions about the general GTA real estate market, and the merits of certain developers, projects, or districts. It may also be a place for common purchasers to discuss their experiences.
- Project and construction threads are intended more for discussion on the progress and method of construction, the merits of site plans and architecture, and local context. Discussion related to real estate or owners' discussions are subject to be transferred to a separate thread in the Real Estate section.
- It is not intended to be place for developers or agents to advertise, nor is it a listing service. However, agents, brokers or developers etc. are welcome to answer questions or contribute to the discussions.

Reasons to be banned
- Spamming
- Ignoring moderator's warnings
- Banning will only come after a warning where you will be able to argue your case.

It is rather confusing to differentiate between Greater Toronto Discussion-->Projects & Construction vs Real Estate-->General Discussions (the latter of which I now assume is supposedly the correct place to ask my questions). Adding to the confusion, that other poster specifically told me that I shouldn't even ask those questions here on UT, period, whereas you said I may in the RE forum.

If you're referring to me, no where did I specifically say that those questions were not allowed on UT period. What I said is that posting the same inappropriate question in nearly a dozen threads is akin to spamming, and it is. In fact, in the ILofts construction thread I did specifically tell you that you should be asking your questions in the ILoft real estate thread, and I even went so far as to provide you with a link, which you apparently ignored.

Furthermore, just yesterday a moderator politely asked you to "please keep your completion date queries to the Real Estate forum" to which you replied "Oops, didn't know. I started a new thread in the proper forum." So clearly you did know that there was a real estate section and that it was the appropriate place for your inquires because a moderator explicitly told you so just yesterday. Despite acknowledging the moderator's advice yesterday, today you thought, "Screw that, I want my questions answered immediately, so I'm going to spam the more heavily trafficked Projects & Construction board," which is why you're now being warned of bannination.

I'm just a new member and from quick perusal of the various posts, there are many knowledgeable users here w/ lots of good information to share. However, I must say that I am very surprised at this treatment from the very few of you who have chosen to speak out negatively to me just because I innocently posted in what I now know is the wrong section. Amazing.

Yes, the internet is indeed a rough and tumble place where only the most hardened of souls can find reprieve. Just follow the rules and etiquette of the site and you'll get along just fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for your lengthy post. I'll try to keep this short:

There are indeed forum rules addressing this issue.The Urban Toronto Rules of Conduct, state the following, in part:

Real Estate Thread:
- A designated place for discussion of real estate related issues, such as neighbourhood market discussions, questions about purchasing, questions about the general GTA real estate market, and the merits of certain developers, projects, or districts. It may also be a place for common purchasers to discuss their experiences.
- Project and construction threads are intended more for discussion on the progress and method of construction, the merits of site plans and architecture, and local context. Discussion related to real estate or owners' discussions are subject to be transferred to a separate thread in the Real Estate section.
- It is not intended to be place for developers or agents to advertise, nor is it a listing service. However, agents, brokers or developers etc. are welcome to answer questions or contribute to the discussions.

Reasons to be banned
- Spamming
- Ignoring moderator's warnings
- Banning will only come after a warning where you will be able to argue your case.

Thanks for linking; it was difficult for me to find and even a poster in that thread mentioned there was a clearer link which no longer works (http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?7113-Urban-Toronto-Rules-Of-Conduct&p=223598#post223598)? Just a suggestion I would have appreciated these rules being more clearly shown. Still, the rules themselves are not clearly stated, e.g. how can "Projects & Construction" be mentioned under the *Real Estate 'thread' [(sic)--->should be subforum]* when it belongs under *Greater Toronto Discussion* subforum? I find this whole distinction between Greater Toronto Discussion-->Projects & Construction vs Real Estate-->General Discussions rather confusing. I must say (and others in that thread also said) that these rules are quite draconian: bannage for talking back to a mod? That's over-the-top and doesn't lend itself to a fair and friendly forum.

If you're referring to me, no where did I specifically say that those questions were not allowed on UT period. What I said is that posting the same inappropriate question in nearly a dozen threads is akin to spamming, and it is. In fact, in the ILofts construction thread I did specifically tell you that you should be asking your questions in the ILoft real estate thread, and I even went so far as to provide you with a link, which you apparently ignored.

Furthermore, just yesterday a moderator politely asked you to "please keep your completion date queries to the Real Estate forum" to which you replied "Oops, didn't know. I started a new thread in the proper forum." So clearly you did know that there was a real estate section and that it was the appropriate place for your inquires because a moderator explicitly told you so just yesterday. Despite acknowledging the moderator's advice yesterday, today you thought, "Screw that, I want my questions answered immediately, so I'm going to spam the more heavily trafficked Projects & Construction board," which is why you're now being warned of bannination.

It was another poster but I'm not sure since my earlier and his/her posts were deleted. In any event, that was the jist of that poster's post content, so that would mean s/he's wrong. Also, I never intended to think "Screw that, I want my questions answered immediately...": I'm just genuinely perplexed by this confusing distinction between the 2 subforums Greater Toronto Discussion-->Projects & Construction vs Real Estate-->General Discussions. One can tell that I'm trying since when that mod told me I posted in the wrong subforum, I immediately reposted in the correct one and told him/her to delete the wrongly-placed one.

Anyways, I reiterate that this is not how to treat new members. You'd think that I was coming from a rival board trying to leech your members. I'm member to numerous forums and this is the first time I've received this overzealous modding and been threatened w/ the ban stick...and all for what? For erroneously posting in the 'wrong' subforum. In any event, I now know to watch where I post or risk getting 'draconed'.

onfence, I think the reason that the mods are so tight on people continually posting real estate questions on the Projects & Construction board is because it happens all the time and it lowers the overall quality of the forum. Having so many people continuously ignore the rules must be really frustrating, especially when they're repeat offenders such as yourself. If you follow the rules, I'm sure you'll find that the mods are fair.

onfence, I think the reason that the mods are so tight on people continually posting real estate questions on the Projects & Construction board is because it happens all the time and it lowers the overall quality of the forum. Having so many people continuously ignore the rules must be really frustrating, especially when they're repeat offenders such as yourself. If you follow the rules, I'm sure you'll find that the mods are fair.

I acknowledge your frustration. To be fair though, some aspects of the rules are indeed quite ambiguous: perhaps a revamp may be in order or at least make them more visible for new members. Peace.

Back