News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 317     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 870     0 

Brampton Transit/Zum

10 long range battery electric buses coming to Brampton Transit.

Very exciting. I'm hoping to see more and more of these orders happen, alongside the infrastructure being built to support charging these buses at stations across Brampton.

Very exciting. I'm hoping to see more and more of these orders happen, alongside the infrastructure being built to support charging these buses at stations across Brampton.
It should be noted that these buses that have been ordered are of the long-range versions, which are designed to operate over a full day on a single charge, and which explicitly don't need the streetside charging infrastructure.

Dan

1711402238375.png

It should be noted that these buses that have been ordered are of the long-range versions, which are designed to operate over a full day on a single charge, and which explicitly don't need the streetside charging infrastructure.

Dan
Even better. In that case, I can't wait to see what comes of it or where they go.

The 2024 proposal is now online.

501C is being realigned off the 407...and using the VIVA BRT lanes as a non-stop express?

104 will be discontinued once the 504 launches.

New Brisdale drive route between Mt Pleasant and Mayfield Road.

Lots of long-term planning for routes to follow grid-lines as northwest and northeast Brampton fills out.

501C is being realigned off the 407...and using the VIVA BRT lanes as a non-stop express?

Lots of long-term planning for routes to follow grid-lines as northwest and northeast Brampton fills out.
The 501C as a non-stop express from Highway 50 to VMC is an interesting proposal. It will take longer than the 407. the traffic on Highway 7 between H50 and Islington will be worse than the 407. And how does it work in the protected bus lanes? Will C drivers be forced to just behind 501 and Orange buses at stops?

I don't see any indication that it would be an non-stop express, but I get the desire to get off the 407 now that there's fare integration for most passengers. The section of Highway 7 between Kipling and Pine Valley can be brutal for traffic though, avoiding that was also a draw. I'll try to visit one of the PICs and ask about that, along with a few other questions I have. I really don't like Route 25 as the loop keeps getting longer and longer on the north end.

I wish the PIC boards would have dropped the use of Doug Ford's pet name for the LRT, she did nothing good for Brampton.

I don't see any indication that it would be an non-stop express, but I get the desire to get off the 407 now that there's fare integration for most passengers. The section of Highway 7 between Kipling and Pine Valley can be brutal for traffic though, avoiding that was also a draw. I'll try to visit one of the PICs and ask about that, along with a few other questions I have. I really don't like Route 25 as the loop keeps getting longer and longer on the north end.

I wish the PIC boards would have dropped the use of Doug Ford's pet name for the LRT, she did nothing good for Brampton.
I read this document at 5am. Seems like I hallucinated a non-stop bus 😂

I read this document at 5am. Seems like I hallucinated a non-stop bus 😂

I sympathize, as someone who often posts when I wake up in the middle of the night; and then sees my own posts later after a coffee or two.......I sometimes cringe at the omitted words, or other mistakes I make in a semi-conscious state. LOL

Personally, seeing the 501C get rerouted off the 407 and just follow the regular 501 routing is disappointing as it was probably the next best thing to get from Brampton to Toronto in a quick matter apart from the GO train. I understand why they're doing it, they have literally said the reasons in the document but the current routing for the 501C will be missed.

What happened to the 501A did they just completely forget that it existed? They went out of their way to add extra 501 trips running only from Bramalea Terminal-DT Brampton during peak but the buses they use are ones that just finished their run on 501C.

Also 12 mins mid day frequencies is not enough especially for the busiest route in BT. If anything just run both the 501/501C combined at a 6 min frequency all day and have the latter just be a short turn type of thing, just like what the 511C is to the 511 on Steeles.

Personally, seeing the 501C get rerouted off the 407 and just follow the regular 501 routing is disappointing as it was probably the next best thing to get from Brampton to Toronto in a quick matter apart from the GO train. I understand why they're doing it, they have literally said the reasons in the document but the current routing for the 501C will be missed.

What happened to the 501A did they just completely forget that it existed? They went out of their way to add extra 501 trips running only from Bramalea Terminal-DT Brampton during peak but the buses they use are ones that just finished their run on 501C.

Also 12 mins mid day frequencies is not enough especially for the busiest route in BT. If anything just run both the 501/501C combined at a 6 min frequency all day and have the latter just be a short turn type of thing, just like what the 511C is to the 511 on Steeles.
Brampton Transit is short literally hundreds of thousands of hours relative to ridership, they also need far more buses than they have. They have probably run the numbers and deemed it not worth it.

Reactions: anb

What confuses me the most about this is the new brisdale route, and how the 4 is going to be positioned.

As it stands right now, the 4 travels where the new route is going to be. The alignment for the 4 seems to be in the same area where the 504 begins so I have to wonder if the intention is to circle around the busiest areas where the schools are, and then continue southbound on Chinguacousy road.

What this would mean then is that you wouldn't be able to catch the 4 from Mount Pleasant anymore, you'd have to catch the 4A which appears to be replacing the 104, and then transfer at Chinguacousy / Bovaird to the 504/4... Does that sound like what the intention is?

Back