News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Thanks,

Just another point regarding the transformation - I'd be really curious if such projects have any economic impact - clearly there was a lot in terms of construction jobs; What I mean is, do rents increase (i.e. does demand increase).
In this cause, I'd be surprised if you could correlate the two i.e. prove it at all.

It's not as if bloor street has any competition in Toronto; Now, if later we see the yorkville proper area do something similar (i.e. north of this) well that could be the result of this.

I'd say Bloor does have competition: Yorkdale.

Yorkdale is doing a bang-up job of attracting similar extremely high-end retail to their mall (Tiffany, Burberry, both opened recently in Yorkdale). Just as malls expand, and renovate Bloor Street upped their game too.

I'd say Bloor does have competition: Yorkdale.

Yorkdale is doing a bang-up job of attracting similar extremely high-end retail to their mall (Tiffany, Burberry, both opened recently in Yorkdale). Just as malls expand, and renovate Bloor Street upped their game too.

That's true but I wonder if it's a completely different market ? i.e. who's going to yorkville wouldn't go to yorkdale as an alternative. But that is a good point - yorkdale has attracted some higher end tenants.

That's true but I wonder if it's a completely different market ? i.e. who's going to yorkville wouldn't go to yorkdale as an alternative. But that is a good point - yorkdale has attracted some higher end tenants.

Maybe the foreign people get confused between choosing between Yorkville and Yorkdale and that's why Yorkdale is getting all the high-end stuff?

Yorkdale has totally upped their game and its only going to get better with the expansion and repositioning of the Holt, Pottery, Tiffany, Burberry, Coach run. I heard that the Yorkdale Tiffany is outperforming Yorkville.

I think they share the trade area to a certain degree, Yorkdale is convenient and easy to park at....Yorkville is fun and more of an event. Maybe it shifts seasonally.

Yorkdale has totally upped their game and its only going to get better with the expansion and repositioning of the Holt, Pottery, Tiffany, Burberry, Coach run. I heard that the Yorkdale Tiffany is outperforming Yorkville.

I think they share the trade area to a certain degree, Yorkdale is convenient and easy to park at....Yorkville is fun and more of an event. Maybe it shifts seasonally.

Whats going to happen to Holt Renfrew once the foodcourt upstairs is gone?

Yeah during the winter months Bloor/Yorkville is the last place i want to shop, i would rather be indoors where it's nice and warm. During the summer months is when Yorkville really comes alive. I avoid the malls when its nice and warm out

The clothing store that started with a 'M' I can't quite remember the name is gone (on Bloor) not sure if this was recent.

Well MaxMara is supposed to be moving, no? It seems as though they have started to prepare its new space at the old Noir location, beside Ports. Maybe they've already moved to Hazelton Lanes for the duration of prep? Then, presumably, Michael Kors would get work underway on their new location once MaxMara has vacated.

I hadn't noticed Mendocino closed...not sure how I feel about that. Wish it were Marciano/GUESS.

Last edited:
I hadn't noticed Mendocino closed...not sure how I feel about that. Wish it were Marciano/GUESS.

It's Marchiano (next to Guess) that is gone. Maybe that's the space that "Big European Brand" is going into?

Intermix is opening in August. No announcement of location, but I still think it's the old Lululemon space.

Some details on Hazelton Lanes' renovation here.

Last edited:
I would put King West into the mix with Yorkdale.
With condos like Festival Tower, Theatre Park, Cinema Tower, Thompson Residences, (even Shangri-la) being built/completed, there will be a need to provide residents with a shopping experience within the neighbourhoods. I am surprised developers are not building more shopping/commerical combined with residential in this stretch (esp near the King and Spadina corners).

Hoarding has gone up on the old Feet First location, will be interesting to see what moves in. Also, an application to construct a two-storey addition to the big space in Renaissance Plaza has been posted to the hoarding (presumably this would fill in the small corner that appears to be "missing").

Back