News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.3K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Not quite Yorkville related, but BURBERRY is opening its first Toronto location at Yorkdale Mall.

So much for the Eaton centre I suppose, I hope it's a Burberry that caters to both men and women, since lately yorkdale has been getting stores that target women only, Kors and Boss are examples.

That's a shame, I'd rather see Burberry and Kors in Yorkville. Those stores belong on high streets.. Having them in a mall out in the middle of nowhere is so, dare I say, American?

Burberry made a safe choice. Yorkville is quite dead in the winter because of the harsh Canadian weather while Yorkdale is the top performing mall in the country.

Burberry made a safe choice. Yorkville is quite dead in the winter because of the harsh Canadian weather while Yorkdale is the top performing mall in the country.

I thought Sherway had the highest profit ratio?

Anyway, if Burberry wants to be taken seriously in this market they have no choice but to go on Bloor, or at least in the neighbouring streets. Tourists, who make a whopping contribution to luxury sales, won't be going up there.

I've often wondered how a 'street' store does compared to a mall store. Don't mall stores have to hand over a percentage of their sales in addition to the rent.
We'll have to wait and see. I'm certain Burberry looked at Bloor, but nothing was available. They are planning a Yorkville store eventually, when some of the mid-market garbage gets kicked out.

What about the Polo Ralph Lauren black label store that was going to open in Yorkdale, any news on that?

I understand that malls outperform street shopping in the winter, but retail is usually pretty slow in the dead months following christmas anyway. I think you'd have to compare overall yearly sales rather than seasonality. I imagine Bloor/Yorkville would do better.

I spoke to a Service representative of Agent Provocateur to see why they havent opened up in Toronto yet,since there were articles mentioning boutique openings in Montreal and Toronto after Vancouver. However, she said that there are no plans to open a Toronto boutique in the near future, disappointing i suppose, since they were taught to move into the Regency.

At times, I have issues with some of the stores. I was at a certain store last month, asking to see if they have Joe's Provocateurs, but a sales person at the store looked like she's never heard of that particular style. The Provocateurs are cut for a shorter figure (which means that not only is the inseam shorter, but also the rise), and at 5'2", a petite cut is preferred (I don't like reconstructing pants - it's often more than a hemming issue). The only place in the GTA that I *KNOW* carries the Provocateur line is in Richmond Hill...way up north of Major Mack (unless someone here knows of a small boutique which carries them. I know that Holts doesn't. They have other styles, but not the Provocateur).

Anyway, to make this post legit: Anyone know if Ferragamo is opening in TO? They have a store in Vancouver.

Looks like Robin K on Cumberland is going. I saw an "everything must go" sign a few days ago. I think all of the stores are eventually being shuttered as Bayview Village went a few months ago.

Back