News   Jun 27, 2024
 277     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 526     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 332     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

I checked out the Labels 4 Less last night (ps: Versace jeans at 50-60 bucks) and I heard the new Hugo Boss will be a company global flagship, and one of their largest stores worldwide. They will completely tear down the old Versace store and build from what I heard a stone, steel and glass creation on the site. Good for Bloor..

Btw, it's interesting that on Hugo Boss' website the only stores listed in the Toronto area are Yorkdale and Cumberland. The Hugo boutique isn't listed and neither is the accessories shop on Old York Lane.

A global flagship store for any retailer in Toronto is always fantastic news for the city and its image.

One thing Yorkvillewise that intrigues me is how Ashlee's Mickey D's across from the Crystal now has a superscaled french fry photo over the curved wall within its gaping maw--strangely fitting the 70s aesthetic, in a retro-Don Watt Loblaws way...

There's now a Tim's in the Holt Renfrew Centre! Yup, I was as surprised as you are.

Bell is also moving 3 stores west from Cumberland Terrace into the Holt Renfrew Centre. They will be taking the space formally occupied by HMV Bloor's concourse level. Speaking of HMV Bloor, my mole tells me that sales are down 60% since the re-fit into the new non-music style.

Last edited:
There's now a Tim's in the Holt Renfrew Centre! Yup, I was as surprised as you are.

Though it's basically the classic stand-up-counter-type "PATH corridor" token Tim's. I suppose, the place for Holt's workers to go for their weatherproof fix...

Shocking news from The Star, Hazel Luxury for Women is the latest victim of the economic climate and is closing down. They are liquidating $7 million worth of inventory! We'll definitely see a lot more store closings after Christmas.

Speaking of HMV Bloor, my mole tells me that sales are down 60% since the re-fit into the new non-music style.

That's pretty crazy considering it was meant to be the model for redoing all the other stores.

Back