News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.9K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 655     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

What's true?

Yorkdale still seems in good order considering it's 100% leased - is that what you were implying?

I mean Yorkdale being the top preforming mall in the country.

Well he's right, it *was*.

Whether it still is or not is another question.

Anyway I'm sure every Mall in Canada is facing the exact same problems.

Betsey Johnson is expanding their store with an addition to the back of the building.

A new market/food store called Viva Fresh just opened up next to Love Craft across from the Four Seasons pit.

A new market/food store called Viva Fresh just opened up next to Love Craft across from the Four Seasons pit.

Wasn't it some kind of food shop/cookie shop before? It was empty for a while.

Yeah, it was a catering company that also had a storefront. This strip of stores along Yorkville have always seemed a bit neglected. I can't recall if the Four Seasons will have any commercial at its base, but that would help this street quite a bit.

I went in Viva Fresh today and was relatively impressed: the prices are cheaper than Whole Foods and Pusateri's for organic stuff, and the brand name stuff is fair-priced as well.

dsc00925un1.jpg

That strip of stores on Yorkville seemed livelier when the Omega Centre was still there. I think it drew a surprising number of people in, much more than what people realized

...but it is gone, right? The Omega Centre didn't open up again somewhere close by?

I bought one book at Omega Centre, about astral travel I think. This location seems to be problematic for businesses. I wonder if rent is too high.

Back