News   Jun 10, 2024
 354     0 
News   Jun 10, 2024
 490     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 3.1K     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

pw20
Do you think there is a liklihood Bloomingdale would request/require a major upgrade to the Bay-bunker?

I would suspect major renos considering Bloomingdales is pretty upscale and that Bay is a bit of a dump right now.

New Escada store is open. Looks nice. Does anyone have any update as to what is happening to the old location?

That looks horrible!!! a giant polar bear posing with fashion models in the arctic? Good lord! Seems this year they have omitted every single symbol of Christmas, or should i say "Holiday" Last year they did the 12 days of Christmas which was a lot nicer than this.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A5

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 275483 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 7, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to existing retail unit. Space B2. Tenant - "Van Cleef & Arpels at Birks".

TORONTO ON M4W 1A5

Description: Interior alterations to existing retail unit. Space B2. Tenant - "Van Cleef & Arpels at Birks".

Frustrating there won't be a street presence. Or will there? I'd be down for Van Cleef & Arpels to move into the Jacobs space beside Birks, there were some rumours a while back that Jacobs was going to be moving out. I remember when the current "Rolex at Royal de Versailles" was Bulgari, I was pretty young and always thought it had a cool presence on the street.

TORONTO ON M4W 1A5

So the whole basement will be VC&A? I agree - would be nice to see a street presence too but that doesn't seem likely if the shop will be in the basement.
By the way, I'm curious, how do you find these postings of alterations and building permits? Is it on the City of Toronto website?

So the whole basement will be VC&A? I agree - would be nice to see a street presence too but that doesn't seem likely if the shop will be in the basement.
By the way, I'm curious, how do you find these postings of alterations and building permits? Is it on the City of Toronto website?

B2 is actually street level.

The manulife centre levels are:
A- Basement
B - street
C - level 2

Looks like Retail-Insider has also got a hold of the news...

http://www.retail-insider.com/2012/11/van-cleef-arpels-opening-toronto-store_8.html

Van Cleef & Arpels Opening Toronto Store

Van Cleef & Arpels will open a branded-boutique inside Toronto's Manulife Centre Birks Jewellers at 55 Bloor Street West. Construction will start soon. Birks has carried Van Cleef & Arpels in Toronto since 2005 and has finally decided to open a properly-branded Toronto boutique.

The Toronto Van Cleef & Arpels will be a small 'jewel box' of a store and will include Van Cleef's newly-initiated darker-look interior (see image below of the Galeries Lafayette shop-in-store). The shop will include both jewellery and time pieces.

The Toronto Van Cleef & Arpels will be located on the ground-floor within the current two-level, 15,620 square foot Birks store. Birks is located in space B2...

...Watch our website, as Birks Jewellers will be opening other small branded luxury jewelry/watch shops in Canada. We'll be doing our homework and posting on Retail Insider's website, Twitter and Facebook page.

If I had to guess, I would say a TAG and/or Tissot boutique. I'm also of the understanding that Roberto Coin has grabbed one of the retail spaces at the Four Seasons - only one space remains.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Inspection

TORONTO ON M5R 3N5

Application#: 12 256166 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Oct 5, 2012

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to convert existing spa to retail store "Luisa Spagnoli" on ground floor of existing mixed-use building. (178m2)

http://www.luisaspagnoli.it/#/wps/wcm/connect/en/sito/home

Back