News   May 15, 2024
 234     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 687     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 2.9K     2 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

That could've been a typo act7

Possibly, but I don't think they would make that kind of mistake. If GAP Kids is moving then the old GAP Kids could very well be a D&G. I couldn't get any confirmation on who leased the old MAC spot. I had heard either TUMI or Longchamp, but since TUMI is opening in Sherway, they may not open on Bloor right away. It has been sitting unusually long on the market, which makes me think it will be something special or we're going to be extremely disappointed - nothing in between.

I totally see Tory burch and Ted baker in yorkville. Maybe not on bloor. Along with longchamp, jimmy choo, marc jacobs, agent provocateur and la perla. Bloor can be more for bigger names, such as d and g, Dior and Armani. Toronto can totally handle it.

Last edited:
Here's what I got from a friend in retail leasing:

1) LV has been rented - my contact forgot by whom
2) Escada and Guerlain will become the Brooks Brothers flagship
3) Bloomingdales is subleasing the Bay
4) Gap has been leased - not sure by whom
5) Tiffany's has not - my contact didn't understand why they were moving as their new lease was actually more expensive then their old lease. Although their new store may be smaller square footage wise they were paying very little on the third floor portion of the lease vis a vis what their paying.

His overall sentiment was that rents were so high on Bloor street that the only people who could afford the street were brands who were willing to lose some money on their flagship to support overall branding etc..

Is the GAP simply to become Gap Kids and Baby Gap? That's what appears to be happening with the scaffolding. Or are Gap Kids and Baby GAP being added on the upper floors?
Tiffany's really isn't moving until late next year so I think that will be leased sooner than later. Does your insider have any confirmation of the retailers going into the Four Seasons? I had heard Roberto Coin and Breitling, but confirmation one way or another would be great.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...the-height-of-luxury-shopping/article4567884/

Is Louis Vuitton new Toronto flagship store the height of luxury shopping?

Excerpt:

Heightening the air of exclusivity is a private second-floor atelier offering haute maroquinerie (or custom-designed handbags), which Valérie Chapoulaud-Floquet, president and chief executive officer of Louis Vuitton North America, calls “the cherry on the cake” of the new store. Toronto is now one of only seven cities in which LV offers haute maroquinerie, the others being New York, Paris, Milan, Shanghai, Taipei and Sydney. During the tour last week, Chapoulaud-Floquet showed off the eight different kinds of fine leathers, a palette of 26 colours and five handbag shapes that allow for more than 40,000 custom bag options. Bespoke handbags range in price from $8,000 to $60,000, depending on the skins and hardware used.

The practice of making custom bags started with the company’s namesake, who in 1892 began using the finest leathers to craft purses for women of elevated social rank out of his workshop in Asnières, a suburb of Paris, where LV leather goods are still manufactured today.

Toronto customers participating in the deluxe program select from the array of coloured skins and metal hardware. Their design choices are then shipped to France, where the purse is handcrafted at Asnières and delivered back to Canada, usually after six months of handcrafted labour.

How popular is it? “We made a sale almost the minute we opened our doors,” Hecquet said. “Customers love that they can now get in Toronto what they have seen in other Maisons around the world. The product speaks for itself.”

The article seemed to get one thing wrong - I believe the store is closer to 18,000 sq. ft.

The Starbucks next to the Church of the Redeemer has now opened.

So the new Four Seasons opened today. Who's going to be the first to find out who the new retailers will be?

This might be to replace the demolished staircase that led to Flo's Diner

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5R 1B9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 259078 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Oct 5, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Other(BA)

Description: Proposal to construct new ancillary steel stair to second floor outdoor terrace at front of existing mixed use building in association with permit 12-138827 BLD and 12-138827-01 BLD.

The Gap isn't closing their Bay/Bloor location.
They're turning additional space on the second floor into part of their store. I don't know what the exact configuration will be - but it will have the basement, the main floor, and then a much larger second store which will house, Gap, Gap Kids etc...

For the first time since the lease sign went up, it looked like there was some activity in the old MAC spot...a ladder at the window with some other small stuff in the back. Maybe it's been there all along and I haven't noticed but it looks like it might finally be leased. Also, the building permit sign is up at the old LV, but I didn't get a chance to look into it in detail. I'm still guessing that's where D&G will go.

Hey act7, it's funny how ur still convinced that d and g is setting up shop on bloor. I'm not too convinced. Don't u think we would've heard something by now?? I sure hope ur right. I would also like mulberry to set up shop on bloor.

Hey act7, it's funny how ur still convinced that d and g is setting up shop on bloor. I'm not too convinced. Don't u think we would've heard something by now?? I sure hope ur right. I would also like mulberry to set up shop on bloor.

I'm only convinced because of that Colliers report. I don't necessarily think we would have heard something. There hasn't really been any public mention of Brooks Brothers either but that's still happening.

If I'm not mistaken it didn't say that d and g is landing on bloor. It said that bloor st boasts the likes of Louis Vuitton and d and g. I think the reporter made a mistake.

If I'm not mistaken it didn't say that d and g is landing on bloor. It said that bloor st boasts the likes of Louis Vuitton and d and g. I think the reporter made a mistake.

Actually, what it said was that the reason Bloor's lease rates increased was because of new leases signed by an expanded LV, D&G and Tiffany's. This was directly from the Colliers report, not the reporter who referenced it in newspapers. Here's the link again to the Colliers report:

http://www.colliers.com/en-US/~/med...Global/GlobalRetailHighlightsMIDYEAR2012.ashx

Scroll down to page 8.

The new Starbucks seems smaller than the old one - I was a bit disappointed, though they do have a patio set up by the side of the Church which will be lovely and (I'm sure very popular) in the summer.

Back