News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.6K     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 4.9K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 3.5K     3 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Actually, what it said was that the reason Bloor's lease rates increased was because of new leases signed by an expanded LV, D&G and Tiffany's. This was directly from the Colliers report, not the reporter who referenced it in newspapers. Here's the link again to the Colliers report:

http://www.colliers.com/en-US/~/med...Global/GlobalRetailHighlightsMIDYEAR2012.ashx

Scroll down to page 8.

You are absolutely right. I had forgotten about this article. I guess we shall find out soon. Btw did you ever find out what was the major international brand that Lisa tant tweeted about over a year and a half ago?

You are absolutely right. I had forgotten about this article. I guess we shall find out soon. Btw did you ever find out what was the major international brand that Lisa tant tweeted about over a year and a half ago?

I didn't, but I can only assume that if D&G does open on Bloor, it would be that.

Drove by the old Floriane location on Avenue Rd. and there were new signs in the window but I didn't get a good look. It seemed to say something like "Monalisa" but I have no idea what that is. Is someone down there today to check it out?

Is there any movement at any of the vacant spots- the new Tiffany's, the old Louis Vuitton? I'm out of town for a while and have no way of keeping updated with this stuff

The furniture store at the corner of Bay & Davenport across from the Florian is gone. Would make a nice cafe. The really old Thompson's Homeopathic store on Yonge across from the Reference Library is for lease. It has wall to wall beautiful wood cabinetry which I hope is preserved.

A new rain gear shop at the old Costa Blanca spot in the Holt Renfrew Centre has opened.

Yes I walk by this store on Madison Ave in New York. Pretty good fit for Yorkville that's for sure.
Have Guerlain or Escada moved into their new locations yet?

Things are moving along so swiftly in malls and on bloor things are moving ata snail's pace.....WHY????

Things are moving along so swiftly in malls and on bloor things are moving ata snail's pace.....WHY????
Vatche your contributions to this thread are bordering on trolling in my opinion. This question has been answered as nauseum. Either please contribute Or don't ask the same questions over and over again

Yes I walk by this store on Madison Ave in New York. Pretty good fit for Yorkville that's for sure.
Have Guerlain or Escada moved into their new locations yet?

Nope, but both spots are coming along.

I noticed the two oriental rug stores on Bay have signs stating their leases are expiring (one was up for a while, but just noticed the second store this week). Does anyone know what is going on with these spaces?

I noticed the two oriental rug stores on Bay have signs stating their leases are expiring (one was up for a while, but just noticed the second store this week). Does anyone know what is going on with these spaces?

Not sure what's moving in but the landlord wanted a more prestigious retailer to be next to the Four Seasons. Makes sense in my opinion. Plus with the redevelopment proposal of Cumberland Terrace (can't happen soon enough if you ask me) those spots would have been taken by someone else anyway.

pw20
Do you think there is a liklihood Bloomingdale would request/require a major upgrade to the Bay-bunker?

Last edited:

Back