News   May 14, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 560     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

According to Cushman and Wakefield, Brooks Brothers has signed a lease for a 15,000 sq. ft store at 110 Bloor West. Is that the old LV or soon to be old Escada space? Also, they haven't confirmed the D&G notice that Colliers published in their report but that doesn't mean anything.

Here's the full retail report: http://www.cushwake.com/cwmbs2q12/pdf/retail_toronto_2q12.pdf

Could the d and g have been a mistake?? It's possible.

Could the d and g have been a mistake?? It's possible.

Possible, but not likely. I think ardwold1 is right that Brooks Brothers would be taking over Escada and Guerlain. LV's old spot is only about 6,600 sq. ft so that's a reasonable D&G location. Although that has been a rumoured Dior location for a while now. Once Tiffany moves that's 13,000 sq. ft that could go to D&G or Ferragamo, who was also looking for a flagship location. The other thing to keep in mind is that Colliers wasn't specific about when D&G would move in. In other words, it may not be until 1 Bloor East is done.

Brooks Bothers sure has expanded fairly quickly in the Toronto market. Their RBC store is already 20,000 sq. ft, 10,000 sq ft at Bayview Village, and the Flatiron Shop is about 2,300 sq. ft. I like Brooks Brothers a lot and own a suit and few pieces by them, but it would have been nice to see another brand move on to Bloor in such a large space.

I agree with you, wish it were one of those high end brand stores, like bottega veneta, Armani or Versace. It could've also gone to 2 different stores. Oh well....

Rumour is that Longchamp or Tumi is taking over the old MAC spot. Will try to get some confirmation of this one way or another.

Rumour is that Longchamp or Tumi is taking over the old MAC spot. Will try to get some confirmation of this one way or another.

Hope that's true. The spot's been sitting empty for a very long time.

I walked past the old Starbucks on Bloor today (where Guerlain is supposedly moving to) and "Club Monaco" was scribbled on the entrance door. I'm not sure what this means. Could Club Monaco be moving here instead? The only way I see this being possible is if Winners moves out as well, thereby giving the store enough space with the second level. I think Brooks Brothers would still then amount to 15,000 square feet with only the Escada space if Guerlain is not in fact moving. I see this all as being unlikely however.

I walked past the old Starbucks on Bloor today (where Guerlain is supposedly moving to) and "Club Monaco" was scribbled on the entrance door. I'm not sure what this means. Could Club Monaco be moving here instead? The only way I see this being possible is if Winners moves out as well, thereby giving the store enough space with the second level. I think Brooks Brothers would still then amount to 15,000 square feet with only the Escada space if Guerlain is not in fact moving. I see this all as being unlikely however.

That's interesting, considering Club Monaco just renovated late last year/early this year.

Hmm...was there confirmation that Guerlain is moving and not just closing? Hope it's not closing. Not that I use it but it's the only Guerlain in N.A. and has been there a long time so it would be sad to see it close. I can't see Club Monaco taking over just Starbucks - that doesn't make any sense considering their average store size is probably 8,000 sq ft. I'd love to see Winners vacate even if Club Monaco takes over. That would free up CM's existing space for, who knows, Ralph Lauren, D&G, Ferragamo??

Okay so 110 Bloor west is Winners. How many sq ft do they currently have and is Brooks Brothers taking over the whole spot? That would still leave Escada to become the D&G store, which would make much more sense to me.

so then...that would mean Brooks Brothers wouldn't have a street entrance? Unless they reconfigured the current escalators and were able to create a two-level store. I guess it's all too early to tell without any advertising on the hoarding of the old Starbucks

You're right, too early to tell, but I can't imagine Brooks Brothers taking 15,000 sq ft of prime space right smack in the middle of the strip and not having a street entrance. Unless 110 Bloor technically extends into that empty passage next to Nike, they must be taking some or all of Winners' space.

Guys... the entire building is 110 Bloor Street. Winners, 110 Bloor. Guerlain, 110 Bloor. Escada - 110 BLoor.

It makes a whack of sense for the landlord of 110 Bloor to move Guerlain to consolidate 15,000 of space for a large retailer (ie Brooks Brothers).

There's been no mention of Winners moving so I don't know why you would think Brooks would take that spot...

Club Monaco also just spent a lot of money renovating that space which is about 12,000 square feet of space.

right...but I would have assumed that, let's say, the Escada store is approximately 15,000 square feet on its own, and so if Brooks were to be moving in then there would be no need to consolidate. I heard from the employees at Starbucks that Guerlain was moving in, but was confused as to why "Club Monaco" would be scrawled on the door leading to the construction site. You're right, doesn't make much sense.

Back