News   Jun 07, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 4.1K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.8K     3 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Ok, again I used Dior as an example of an unlikely choice of a boutique to be marketed in Bloor simply by its price value. and it just so happens there was some type of speculation about it on this forum and outside. youre right, there are interesting clothes, totally. but not on Bloor street...it plays it safe based on the consumer alone. i believe the toronto high end retail consumer seeks wearability over unique clothing (not over the top by any means) but i am aware of a lot of luxury consumers from my experience dealing with them that prefer doing their shopping outside of Canada because they prefer the unique and open variety of shopping that New York, as commonly told by my customers is where they prefer shopping.

ok, so maybe i took this whole wannabe concept to an unecessary level, all i really should have addressed was the fact that our economy and bloor street cant support these other major boutiques likely because its not the right market for them at this point. I personally am not a fan of the retail on Bloor st and i do think it is boring and as a forum member i should be able to express my opinion and defend it.

So for the record, Dolce and Gabbana is opening on Bloor (according to Colliers anyway) and Dior is the most likely candidate to take over the existing LV spot. I don't think anyone is denying that Canada is probably a little to the game when it comes to high end retailers setting up. I do think that's changing though. Available space has always been a challenge in Canadian cities, and speak to any commercial real estate broker and they will be the first to tell you that Canadian distribution is very tightly controlled. What I mean by that is the big players in Canadian luxury retailing (Holts, Harry Rosen, etc) often times have exclusive rights to the selling the brands they carrry. So until some of those contracts exprire, it's a near impossibility for stand alone stores in some cases.

Can an administrator please ban CPancer his banter is simply intolerable

Calling me Ew & asking me to get banned isn't really a good contribution to this thread, maybe you should look at the forum rules before making immature responses to my posts, i've already highlighted two things for you that you did wrong already.

-Name calling and other such offenses against other forum members will not be tolerated.
-Make sure your posts contribute something meaningful to the thread.

Everything that i've contributed is not spam, therefore I am in the clear. It's the forum, people are entitled to express themselves concerning the topic posted in the title of the thread. There is nothing written that says I can't argue why I think Bloor Street is boring aslong as I am explaining myself and not just saying "Bloor Street is boring".

If you don't like what you're reading then don't attack me, i'm only doing what is a common nature of a forum member, so make sure your next post doesn't have meaningless content.

CPancer: you're the last person who should be quoting rules to other members, when you were asked to drop the tired Wannabe argument and stick to the topic of the thread. You're going on vacation. There may be a few other vacations handed out shortly too.

Newsflash Cpancer, the US is 10X Canada's population

Newsflash Thanos, the US is 9X Canada's population.

Here's the other news, you're getting a shorter vacation than CPancer for being the first person to keep stoking the fires after I asked people to get back on topic.

Act7 - no vacation for you. You seem to be able to keep a level head in these arguments… Everyone else is okay too. Thanos can return in 24 hours, CPancer gets a week off to think about it.

But just so everyone knows, when a thread is getting out of hand and someone is being needlessly provocative and overly argumentative, you can hit the little yield sign with the exclamation mark in it to report a post. It's the fastest way to get a reaction.

Cheers!

There is certainly no mistaking that it is a Louis Vuitton shop! Hoarding has gone up outside of the old Starbucks/new Guerlain, and the old Mendocino/new Escada. So pretty soon we should be seeing announcements for the shops replacing those spaces, and hopefully some hoarding for the new Tiffany's spot beside the new Louis Vuitton- some minimal work has been done on that space as well.

Great news! I drove by it today and even just from yesterday it looks like there's very accelerated progress. The branding is now up all the way across.

September 6...just in time for TIFF (and it's also Fashion's Night Out).

They're opening up a cupcake place on Yonge, north of Bloor. What in the world took them so long? I mean, cupcakes are practically out now.

According to Cushman and Wakefield, Brooks Brothers has signed a lease for a 15,000 sq. ft store at 110 Bloor West. Is that the old LV or soon to be old Escada space? Also, they haven't confirmed the D&G notice that Colliers published in their report but that doesn't mean anything.

Here's the full retail report: http://www.cushwake.com/cwmbs2q12/pdf/retail_toronto_2q12.pdf

Last edited:
I was mulling this over a couple days ago...perhaps they're taking both the Escada and Guerlain spaces to make for one larger space? Both might amount to more than 15,000 square feet though

Back