706     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 817     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 919     0 

Black Lives Matter Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine and dandy but don't forget community responsibility, without proper supports, IE. education; regressive support makes things harder for communities.

Would this explain how some non-white immigrant communities do so well starting from so little, or are we wading into something else?

Something which doesn't exist. Good answer. So it is white privilege that is leading to black men killing each other and not getting an education and being born out of wedlock? Is it also white privilege that is affecting down and out white people? You've always got to blame someone else for your troubles, right? There's no such thing as personal responsibility.
Society is set up in such a way that is breeding poverty towards black people which breeds violence and hence the killing of black men by other black men. Nonetheless it's not the fault of the black men. It's society that makes them that way and therefore whenever a black person kills another black person, a rich white man should go to jail as well for making this happen. The black man may have literally pulled the trigger but the fault lays more with the white man since he made society like that.

The majority of Americans killed by the police are white. The greatest threat to black men is other black men killing their own; which happens everyday in Chicago. Where is your outrage over that?
I am outraged regarding that but as I said, it's rich white men that make society like that so that black men can kill one another and hence the white man should go to jail as well for creating this mess. LOL @ the majority of Americans killed by the police being white. Another racist BS "fact'. Good one!

What advantage do white people have over blacks (you make it seem like all white people are well off)? What is stopping black people from achieving success and living in nice houses in the suburbs? If you actually believe that there is some faceless, shadowy figure/road block, etc. that prevents black people from attaining the things you claim white people possess, then how the heck are you ever going to succeed in that type of environment? You never will. Blacks have the same opportunities as anyone. They have no one but themselves to blame for their own short comings/failures. Hard work pays off for anyone, irrespective of their race. Start looking within yourselves instead of searching for social injustices that don't exist. You have a brain like anyone else. Use it to figure out things for yourself instead of blaming white people for every misfortune you have. The notion that you need to take money from white people to look after yourselves implies that you're not intelligent/responsible enough to make it on your own. Wouldn't it be more inspiring if blacks were taught the truth; that they're just as capable as anyone and that they are the masters of their own destiny? You want a nice house? Go out and get it. If you think you're perpetually tied down to the bottom of the social ladder, then you will remain there. Do you think every wealthy white person is just handed a golden key and never has to get their hands dirty? The notion that whites have an innate advantage over blacks is complete bruin brownies. Explain to me how whites have the upper hand in Baltimore, for instance, with a black mayor, largely black police force, black attorney general, black president?

White privilege doesn't exist. It's a fabricated, b.s. term. Talk to all the homeless white men in downtown Toronto about their privilege. What opportunities do white children born into destitute, single parent household's have "thrown" at them exactly? An old friend of my brother's (a white guy) was born addicted to cocaine because his mother used it while she was pregnant with him. Could you touch on his great, inherent fortune? Life must be a walk in the park for him.
You're a damn racist you know that? White privilege doesn't exist and you have only yourself to blame! LOL sounds like it came from Hitler's and Donald Trump's mouth. White people have a lot more opportunities than black people since they are automatically born with a higher status. That's a fact!

Why should the wealthy have their money taken from them and given to others who did nothing to earn it? That is your idea of fairness? If one wants nice things in life, then that should be incentive to be responsible for oneself and to be all the more determined to work hard and fail until one finally succeeds. One can't help the situation they are born into, but they can better their position. If you're born poor and die poor (save perhaps mental/physical health issues), you have no one to blame but yourself. If blacks want the good life, then emulate what the whites are doing that have it. Learn from them. Not every white person inherits wealth. Some of us actually have to work for it.
Because the wealthy took money by having black slaves and got rich by the black man's slave labour and therefore it should be given back. You're naive if you think Black Lives Matter only protests the police shooting black men. There are so many other issues at stake and this is just the beginning. We don't want just minor changes, we want a revolution and the entire overhaul of this corrupt, rotten system. But unlike what the media lies, we are not racists, in fact I am white myself and we get sponsored from some white people as well. One of our major donors, Open Society Foundations, is run by white men but they know what's good for them and they know this is a movement that can't be stopped so they're going along.

One's skin colour has nothing to do with their successes or failures. The problem with many black people is their culture. Too many black kids grow up without fathers and have virtually no positive black, male role models/authority figures to inspire them or teach them the value of discipline. With this absence of father figures, they tend to look up to black athletes and hip hop artists and even join gangs for a sense of belonging. The issue isn't merely one of absent fathers, however, as people from all walks of life are faced with similar situations and don't turn to lives of crime. I think a lot of black people think the only way for them to "make it" is to be successful in the entertainment industry or the world of sports. Perhaps many of them don't realize that they can also be doctors, lawyers, writers, scientists, etc. You don't see many black people portrayed as such in the media/films, etc., so, perhaps, it seems like those jobs are reserved for everyone else but them?

There's a really simple antidote to the problems that blacks face. Stop having so many children out of wedlock. No one is forcing single black women to have 5 children without the means to support them. Have committed relationships and decent employment/living conditions before bringing children into this world. Stick together; raise your children with respect and love for their fellow men and women; instill in them a strong work ethic and reassure them when they fail that they will eventually meet their goals if they stay persistent. Almost invariably, if one is brought up in a loving, stable home, with both parents present, they will have lives that will bear great fruit. Unfortunately, the black family unit started to dissolve around the time of the free love/civil rights movement. Sexual responsibility went out the window and things have never been quite the same since. It's the stupid hippie mentality that has led to so many women getting knocked up and abandoned by deadbeats; black or otherwise. This was almost unheard of before the late 60s and was greatly frowned upon. Now we just shrug our soldiers, as we've become desensitized.
Wow more racist BS! I think you should be in jail for writing this and not the black men who were given no opportunity but I won't tell anybody because it makes me laugh. The problem is not the black family unity, only racist white men can say say something like that. It's that the government is not giving black people enough money and they have to resort to crime. Want the crime to stop? Give unprivileged black people more money and increase social assistance programs by 4-5 times!

That's fine and dandy but don't forget community responsibility, without proper supports, IE. education; regressive support makes things harder for communities.

Like when a privileged white Mayor cuts a city budget for "public services" to ALL residents by 2.5% to keep property taxes under inflation? After repeatedly promising to make poverty reduction a "priority"? In spite of the fact that this city is growing by about 30,000 people a year?

Last edited:
Like when a privileged white Mayor cuts a city budget for "public services" to ALL residents by 2.5% to keep property taxes under inflation? After repeatedly promising to make poverty reduction a "priority"? In spite of the fact that this city is growing by about 30,000 people a year?

"White" has nothing to do with it, but you are right to point out privilege; Fords, certainly, Tory, maybe, remember the job and the responsibilities, and council. I’m not excusing anyone, in fact I would prefer to go back to a council and an “ambassador” mayor without the council given powers, it would be more representative IMO, but I digress. There needs to be better direction of council by the communities on a day to day basis.

For support I was thinking smaller, neighborhood size communities/desities, or a little larger, staffed by members of the community. Central community offices like “The Hub” initiative would be key instead of just having services at Ontario Works for example. The biggest problem with reducing government is representation of communities.

Would this explain how some non-white immigrant communities do so well starting from so little, or are we wading into something else?
Armour brought up Condi Rice as an example, however, Armour failed to mention her mother was a teacher, and that the family moved to Colorado when Condi was 14 as well as her attending private school when there. I would call that a strong support for a developing person, and proving at least one of Armour's examples erroneous.

"Non-white immigrant"? Most family lines in Canada started by immigration, I don't see your point. Toronto has "ghettos" but most communities are multicultural, at least the ones I have lived in; it's the support that differs among them.

Armour or Jeff?
Whomever is making blanket calls of fascist, racist, jail the whites, etc.

Here's a novel idea, no one gets the blame or the credit for anything done by others in their ethnicity, race, nationality, gender or any other group identifier. We only get the credit and the blame for what we ourselves do.

It's not that Black Lives Matter or not, but that Jeff's life matters, Armour's life matters, my life matters, and each other individual's life matters. Let's drop the group think.

It's not that Black Lives Matter or not, but that Jeff's life matters, Armour's life matters, my life matters, and each other individual's life matters. Let's drop the group think.

Apparently it's racist if you say that everyone's life matters. Or at least that's what we are supposed to think, according to BLM.

Let's leave BLM in the USA where such bad ideas belong. Once you let it get into the water supply, it could get out of hand...kinda like the man-bun. And then nobody's happy.

Apparently it's racist if you say that everyone's life matters.

What do you expect when you mess with someone's militant agenda?

There's a group called VHEM (the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement), who believe NO Lives Matter!!! he he
(hey...at least they have an end game, which is more than I can say for BLM)

it's not the fault of the black men.
It's society that makes them that way
The black man may have literally pulled the trigger but the fault lays more with the white man since he made society like that.

Ah....so what you really mean isn't that "black lives matter"....but that "black crimes don't matter", because black folks are just sorta like possessed zombies running around completely unaccountable for their behaviour.

Gotcha

I'm quite impressed, but probably shouldn't have been, how quickly this argument derails. Sign of the times, I guess.

I will say, though, that anyone that -- at this point -- can't understand the offense they're causing by replying 'All Lives Matter' is living under a rock. C'mon, even if you don't think that it's offensive, the person you are saying it to thinks it's offensive. Why would you go out of your way to be offensive to other people. Say something else instead.

I'm quite impressed, but probably shouldn't have been, how quickly this argument derails. Sign of the times, I guess.

I will say, though, that anyone that -- at this point -- can't understand the offense they're causing by replying 'All Lives Matter' is living under a rock. C'mon, even if you don't think that it's offensive, the person you are saying it to thinks it's offensive. Why would you go out of your way to be offensive to other people. Say something else instead.

I'm offended by what you just said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back