1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 465     0 

Black Lives Matter Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon guys, be serious. It's obvious you have absolute ZERO sympathy for Black people or their experiences (you've already used the thread to signal your 'white mansplaining' thoughts on Black-on-Black crime and US prison incarceration rates.) To then culturally appropriate MLK and Malcolm X? Beyond the... pale.

I have sympathy for anyone that is down and out, however, I don't understand why certain groups of blacks (generally Jamaicans) account for more violent crime than any other cultural groups. Why do they seem to be stuck in a stalemate, whereas, other groups, who have been through far worse in their history, are better off? Are they incapable of emulating others that have overcome racism/bigotry/ridicule? Why do they keep making the same mistakes?: man impregnates woman; abandons them; mom raises several kids on her own, working a couple of jobs to make ends meet; kids have no guidance, discipline or anyone/thing to keep them out of trouble/occupied. Why is the single motherhood rate among blacks way higher than anyone else (70% single motherhood rate among blacks in America)? And why isn't that being discussed by our politicians? Social programs don't address this issue or offer any solutions to this problem. If we want children to grow up and be productive, respectable human beings, what they experience in their formative years is crucial. There is no greater recipe for one's self esteem than to have a loving and supportive mother and father. Unfortunately, we've become eunuchs in our politically correct culture and refuse to talk about this because we're afraid of judging others and being called racists, bigots, etc. Why are there 3 and a half times more black, single mothers now than prior to the civil rights movement? Why has the black family unit dissolved despite having more opportunity than ever?

There are Jewish day camps, Christian day camps, sports day camps, Sunday school, robotics camps. A camp for kids to learn Black History is no different.

And there are KKK camps too. You ok with them as well? I'm not. I think lying to children is immoral. So please don't insult everyone's intelligence by pretending this is just a black history course , because if that were the case, we wouldn't be having this conversation, cause I have nothing against that.

What they admit in their own literature tells you it's BLM propaganda they are teaching Beyond black history topics, the program is designed to:

"engage children in political resistance to anti-Black racism and state violence through a trans-feminist lens, and to offer children an entry point into the #BlackLivesMatter movement."

I think they would appreciate you not sending your progeny there, so you shouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

I'm glad you brought that up. Just like they wouldn't let me buy a t-shirt, I'm sure if I had any, they would refuse my children access to BLM camp on the basis of their skin colour (you know...things you expect anti-racist groups to do). I understand you need an interest in the "camp" topic, but why would anyone consider "black history" is only for blacks???? That's moronic just on it's own.

But if your whole movement is based on a perceived white-based racism, and your desired goal is to reduce said racism by whites, does it not stand to reason then that the people who would benefit the most from some positive black history immersion would be....white people???

Hahahahaha... You're taking the side of a conservative provocateur who is such an amazing jerk he's been permanently banned from Twitter as a mega-troll.

I'm not taking any sides...the purpose of the video was to expose the behaviour of BLM. My opinion of this Milo fella is irrelevant in this case, as it isn't his behaviour that's in question here. If their behaviour passes your smell test, then that kinda tells me everything I need to know. Thank you very much.

Also -- assuming that she's a DePaul student activist

One we would also assume is not majoring in dance? Or on the debating team?

C'mon guys, be serious. It's obvious you have absolute ZERO sympathy for Black people or their experiences

Standing in solidarity with most people (including most black people) denouncing this racist hate group (many are now pushing to have them declared terrorists) is PROOF of my interest in improving the lives of society in general.

I have sympathy for anyone that is down and out, however, I don't understand why certain groups of blacks (generally Jamaicans) account for more violent crime than any other cultural groups. Why do they seem to be stuck in a stalemate, whereas, other groups, who have been through far worse in their history, are better off? Are they incapable of emulating others that have overcome racism/bigotry/ridicule? Why do they keep making the same mistakes?: man impregnates woman; abandons them; mom raises several kids on her own, working a couple of jobs to make ends meet; kids have no guidance, discipline or anyone/thing to keep them out of trouble/occupied. Why is the single motherhood rate among blacks way higher than anyone else (70% single motherhood rate among blacks in America)? And why isn't that being discussed by our politicians? Social programs don't address this issue or offer any solutions to this problem. If we want children to grow up and be productive, respectable human beings, what they experience in their formative years is crucial. There is no greater recipe for one's self esteem than to have a loving and supportive mother and father. Unfortunately, we've become eunuchs in our politically correct culture and refuse to talk about this because we're afraid of judging others and being called racists, bigots, etc. Why are there 3 and a half times more black, single mothers now than prior to the civil rights movement? Why has the black family unit dissolved despite having more opportunity than ever?

Armour: Please. Stop. I know that you are an (apparently) well meaning fundamentalist Christian. But your knowledge of US black experience is so low, it's laughable. The two biggest reasons for single, black mothers rising in the US are twofold: 1. The welfare laws were changed to the detriment of married families. So, folks that were on welfare stopped getting married. 2. The incarceration rate for young male black Americans skyrocketed (mostly due to harsher, 'three strikes you're out' - style punishments for marijuana use) and -- because they're not stupid -- young female black Americans declined to marry the incarcerated fathers of their children. The American criminal justice system is a racist, bigoted system. You are at minimum a bigot and quite possibly a racist. You can wear that proudly or not. But there are way more single mothers in Canada now than in the '60s, too. And, because they're not of any one race, and our society makes it easier for a single parent to survive, we hear much less about that particular fact. Why is that? And why are you not ranting about white Quebecois single mothers?

I'm not taking any sides...the purpose of the video was to expose the behaviour of BLM. My opinion of this Milo fella is irrelevant in this case, as it isn't his behaviour that's in question here. If their behaviour passes your smell test, then that kinda tells me everything I need to know. Thank you very much.

So.. your video 'exposed' that a young, university activist disrupted a provocative speaker and was annoying to him? Thank you for 'exposing' such craziness! I'm sure no one ever did that back in my or your university days...

One we would also assume is not majoring in dance? Or on the debating team?

Hahahaha... you were the one that went all obscure reference on a student activist at a prestigious American Catholic private institution. If she's majoring in Dance, she's still in the top 5% or so of American students. It was a classic "I know better than you" reference. It backfired. Wear it, Sourpuss.

Standing in solidarity with most people (including most black people) denouncing this racist hate group (many are now pushing to have them declared terrorists) is PROOF of my interest in improving the lives of society in general.

The day you denounce a white 'racist hate group' on this forum instead of just BLMTO because they pissed you off with their Parade Prank, I will believe you are interested in improving the lives of society in general. Or, if you were just go so far as to post a positive review of a building or something. Until then...

There are Jewish day camps, Christian day camps, sports day camps, Sunday school, robotics camps. A camp for kids to learn Black History is no different,
I suppose, but can we really suggest a commonality of experience and culture based on skin pigmentation? What does a recent arrival from Haiti living in Montreal have in common with a descendent of the Underground railroad living in Halifax, or with a Sudanese refugee? I can't imagine having a camp for Asian History, you'd have to including pretty much everyone from Israelis to Indians to Siberians to Mongolians to Japanese, etc.

You check all the boxes.

So.. your video 'exposed' that a young, university activist disrupted a provocative speaker and was annoying to him? Thank you for 'exposing' such craziness! I'm sure no one ever did that back in my or your university days...

Fine...if you think this behaviour passes your smell test as defendable for such a noble cause as BLM, then like I said...that's all I need to know about the thought process I'm dealing with. That's why I thanked you.

If she's majoring in Dance, she's still in the top 5% or so of American students. It was a classic "I know better than you" reference. It backfired. Wear it, Sourpuss.

Hardly...the fact that this twit represents the college educated contingent of the BLM movement kinda makes it even worse...wouldn't you say.

The day you denounce a white 'racist hate group' on this forum instead of just BLMTO because they pissed you off with their Parade Prank, I will believe you are interested in improving the lives of society in general.

Aside from the fact that I just did denounce a white racist hate group a few posts up this page, why do you engage in this fallacious nonsense in the first place? It doesn't change facts. Or is that the idea...deflecting away from all those facts and statistics that kill your argument?

You may, or may not, want to note that TDSB's Africentric Alternative School has been around since 2009 and last September extended its K-6 program to grade 8.. Just one of a variety of alternative schools in this city that are designed to address some of the diversity we encourage.

And in the US, the Private Prison system has taken formerly "unproductive" unemployed, mostly minority, non-violent youth and made them worth $50,000/yr each to the prison corporations, some of which have been colluding with corrupt judges to keep the profits rolling in. There have been 2 cases where those responsible were convicted but I don't expect they'll serve any jail time. White collar crime, eh, you can destroy lives but its not classified as "violent".

The two biggest reasons for single, black mothers rising in the US are twofold: 1. The welfare laws were changed to the detriment of married families. So, folks that were on welfare stopped getting married. 2. The incarceration rate for young male black Americans skyrocketed (mostly due to harsher, 'three strikes you're out' - style punishments for marijuana use) and -- because they're not stupid -- young female black Americans declined to marry the incarcerated fathers of their children. The American criminal justice system is a racist, bigoted system.

Before I comment on these two points, I have one question to ask you.

At what point do you think personal accountability factors into this scenario?

Or are you like BLMjeff, and feel it's 100% the fault of "whites", to the point that a random white person should do the time when a black person does the crime? For someone so concerned with social justice, you seem strangely silent on BLMjeff's more radical comments.

Before I comment on these two points, I have one question to ask you.

At what point do you think personal accountability factors into this scenario?

Or are you like BLMjeff, and feel it's 100% the fault of "whites", to the point that a random white person should do the time when a black person does the crime? For someone so concerned with social justice, you seem strangely silent on BLMjeff's more radical comments.

Who cares who is at fault? Whether it's 3% or 98% what does it matter?

Armour: Please. Stop. I know that you are an (apparently) well meaning fundamentalist Christian. But your knowledge of US black experience is so low, it's laughable. The two biggest reasons for single, black mothers rising in the US are twofold: 1. The welfare laws were changed to the detriment of married families. So, folks that were on welfare stopped getting married. 2. The incarceration rate for young male black Americans skyrocketed (mostly due to harsher, 'three strikes you're out' - style punishments for marijuana use) and -- because they're not stupid -- young female black Americans declined to marry the incarcerated fathers of their children. The American criminal justice system is a racist, bigoted system. You are at minimum a bigot and quite possibly a racist. You can wear that proudly or not. But there are way more single mothers in Canada now than in the '60s, too. And, because they're not of any one race, and our society makes it easier for a single parent to survive, we hear much less about that particular fact. Why is that? And why are you not ranting about white Quebecois single mothers?
I'm sure welfare laws are not the only or even the main reason why blacks aren't getting married as frequently anymore. Many black men are just irresponsible and immature and people like you don't want to admit that; whether that be because it would make you feel like an archaic neanderthal to express/hold such sentiments or because you generally think most people are good and decent and are merely susceptible to bad behaviour and making poor decisions because of an unfair system. Why are blacks reliant on welfare to begin with? Are the majority of them unable to fend for themselves without government assistance?

Black men aren't forced to smoke marijuana. They do so of their own volition. If they get caught doing so 3 times (how many chances does one need to learn a lesson?), knowing what the consequences are -- right or wrong -- then they're idiots and have only themselves to blame. With such a system in place that allows for only a couple of arrests per person (why does one even need multiple chances for redemption?), then shouldn't it click in the minds of people to be smart and cautious and not do things that can lead to imprisonment? One doesn't have to be brilliant to stay out of trouble.
Why are they (blacks) incarcerated for such offenses in such staggering numbers? The three strikes you're out rule isn't the problem. Obey the law and this won't be an issue.

"The American criminal justice system is a racist, bigoted system." That doesn't make any sense. There are only racist and bigoted police (and it's impossible to know how many exist). What criminal laws exist that are racist in intent?

What's the reason -- in your opinion -- for the rise of single mothers in Canada since the 60s?

"And why are you not ranting about white Quebecois single mothers?" Because their children aren't killing each other and committing other violent crimes to remotely the same extent as black kids from single parent homes. Single parenthood isn't good for any child, irrespective of race, but it is far more prevalent among blacks and you don't seem to think they are responsible for that fact. Don't try to turn the conversation around.

Last edited:
I suppose, but can we really suggest a commonality of experience and culture based on skin pigmentation? What does a recent arrival from Haiti living in Montreal have in common with a descendent of the Underground railroad living in Halifax, or with a Sudanese refugee? I can't imagine having a camp for Asian History, you'd have to including pretty much everyone from Israelis to Indians to Siberians to Mongolians to Japanese, etc.

Aga Khan Museum does it. Sounds like some neat programming, age appropriate & inclusive, but focused on their area of expertise:

https://www.agakhanmuseum.org/content/summer-camps-2016

But your point on how to encompass the diversity of Black experience is well taken. I don't know how you could design a program that would work & be interesting for the kids, but I'm sure an expert educator could figure it out.

Who cares who is at fault? Whether it's 3% or 98% what does it matter?

If a solution to the problem is the goal, then it matters a lot. Scapegoating isn't just not going to solve the problem...it's probably going to make it worse. And by presenting a false narrative, that's exactly what BLM is doing.

I'm sure welfare laws are not the only or even the main reason why blacks aren't getting married as frequently anymore. Many black men are just irresponsible and immature and people like you don't want to admit that; whether that be because it would make you feel like an archaic neanderthal to express/hold such sentiments or because you generally think most people are good and decent and are merely susceptible to bad behaviour and making poor decisions because of an unfair system. Why are blacks reliant on welfare to begin with? Are the majority of them unable to fend for themselves without government assistance?

Armour...in his denial bubble, he doesn't even realize his assertion that blacks are gaming the welfare system as a solution, rather than getting off welfare as a solution (with their children paying the price) is actually painting them in a worse light than you are (or I should say the statistical evidence does).

He may have called you a racist, but he hasn't shown you that you are a racist. And if you can't show it...then you don't know it.

Just like I'm a racist because I haven't denounced a non-existent white hate group thread.

And that's the kind of next level mental gymnastics you're going to have to get used to when dealing with BLM and their stooges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back