147     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Black Lives Matter Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice poster! Did you make it up yourself or get it from Stormfront? Nice way of blaming it all on Muslims!
Is the "poster" incorrect? Yes or no? Provide evidence for your answer. I look forward to it.

At this point we basically have to preface any further discussion with BlackLivesMatterJeff with: We are willing to have a conversation, but do you promise to stop accusing others of racism, hatred, bigotry, etc? The moment you use one of these terms, the discussion is over and you lose the argument.

BLMJeff did say his organizations were non-violent... hmmm.
But to him violence is probably justified because "the way society is set up" blacks can't control their negative urges and those faults lie with the white man. The alternative reasoning is that whites committed much greater atrocities against blacks in the past, therefore, the violence displayed by BLM activists is peanuts in comparison, and thus, negligible.

But to him violence is probably justified because "the way society is set up" blacks can't control their negative urges and those faults lie with the white man. The alternative reasoning is that whites committed much greater atrocities against blacks in the past, therefore, the violence displayed by BLM activists is peanuts in comparison, and thus, negligible.
That's exactly my point about who made who.

Sorry if I don't conform to your worldview of what BLM is like. You seem to have a nice and rosy picture of everything but some of us at BLM are more realistic and see the world for what it is. In fact long before BLM was founded I was a member (still am) of Anti-Racist Action and also Antifa that we work with in Europe. I also protest and work for other causes (Environmental, Animal Rights, Human Rights etc) but BLM is ARA's dream come true because for decades we've been trying to get people to stand up against racism only to be ignored but BLM is the realization of our goals from 10-20 years ago because it's a movement that has gained a lot of popularity in such short time and people are starting to wake up.

You can think what you want but that don't change that we are an "in your face" movement that realizes it's pointless and futile to have polite discussions but rather quick and decisive action. You can either stand behind us or against us.

Totally agree. I don't understand why armour is tolerated. He's posting lies about blacks and Muslims. Classic Trump supporter!
Jeff, thank you for this. It's the first post I've read of yours that's not shouting about fascists and racists, but instead provides an easily understood summary of your and BLM mission, POV and reasoning. And I can certainly see where the frustration comes from. Every time I watch a video of a traffic stop in the US of a black person by a white police officer where the police needlessly escalate to violence I am struck by a real sense of anger. I can't imagine what a black person feels watching the same.

If I can suggest a more productive modus operandi specific to UT; instead of using the forum as a soap box for name calling and demanding retribution and reparations, why not educate us on why the BLM mission is important in Canada, and more importantly what people can do to help. No one is denying there is real injustice, but every time I see BLM activities I am left exhausted and confused, with the intended message lost in the circus.

Jeff, thank you for this. It's the first post I've read of yours that's not shouting about fascists and racists

If I can suggest a more productive modus operandi specific to UT; instead of using the forum as a soap box for name calling and demanding retribution and reparations, why not educate us on why the BLM mission is important in Canada, and more importantly what people can do to help.

First of all, that post is just as bad as the rest.

Secondly, the reason your suggestion is going to fall on deaf ears can be found right in the post you quoted..."it's pointless and futile to have polite discussions".

A productive, rational discussion isn't what purveyors of victimhood mentality want, and offering up the false dichotomy of "You can either stand behind us or against us" is proof that logical thinking is not in the cards.

Your best bet is to see BLM as a petulant child, and act accordingly.

Last edited:

Thanks for that. Interesting idea, but I prefer the 'Black History Month' programming in schools that piggy-backs on the Americans'. That way every kid gets to participate, rather than just those who go to a camp.

Yea...isn't that just what at-risk black youth need...a racially segregated "BLM recruitment camp", to indoctrinate young minds to the racist hate propaganda and lies spewed by BLMTO. I can only hope very few parents fall for that.

FCG -- you messed up with your avatar. Snagglepuss was the 'Heavens to Murgatroyd' guy. You meant Sourpuss, I assume, 'cause you pretty much suck lemons each time before you type.

There are Jewish day camps, Christian day camps, sports day camps, Sunday school, robotics camps. A camp for kids to learn Black History is no different, and I think they would appreciate you not sending your progeny there, so you shouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

And the winner of the Dunning–Kruger effect award goes to...

Hahahahaha... You're taking the side of a conservative provocateur who is such an amazing jerk he's been permanently banned from Twitter as a mega-troll. Even his Breitbart fetid swamp website cannot pretend she hit him ("took a swipe"). What she mostly did was take his cellphone so he'd stop tweeting and listen to the activists. Not that he would anyway. Heat of the moment at best.

Also -- assuming that she's a DePaul student activist, your Dunning-Kruger effect award should maybe be awarded to... you?

Martin Luther King Jr. would be so proud of her. This is exactly the kind of thing he envisioned when he said: "I have a dream."

Hell....even Malcolm X would be face-palming that one. He'd be like..."ok, by almost any means necessary".

C'mon guys, be serious. It's obvious you have absolute ZERO sympathy for Black people or their experiences (you've already used the thread to signal your 'white mansplaining' thoughts on Black-on-Black crime and US prison incarceration rates.) To then culturally appropriate MLK and Malcolm X? Beyond the... pale.

C'mon guys, be serious. It's obvious you have absolute ZERO sympathy for Black people or their experiences (you've already used the thread to signal your 'white mansplaining' thoughts on Black-on-Black crime and US prison incarceration rates.) To then culturally appropriate MLK and Malcolm X? Beyond the... pale.

So true. The intention was never for there to be a discussion. Just a platform to push an agenda. Wonder if those who have it all figured out with the black community have any history of working with said community? I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back