News   Jul 16, 2024
 152     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 299     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Bay Adelaide is being built by Brookfield which has shares listed on the TSE. Buy a share and complain at the next general meeting.

Considering building is a hands on occupation I'm not sure where they could get more efficient.

First, I'm sure that was a tongue in cheek comment.

Second, Ellis-Don are the contractors who are actually constructing the building.

...our PATH network would benefit from some more dramatic spaces...

If any of Toronto's major developers were public companies, and I was a shareholder--look out mr ceo!

most of the city's major developers are public companies though as it takes alot of money upfront to make some more

Because every project is completely different while other industries do the same thing thousands of times?

ummm ... have you not been to the 905 - talk about repetition

My boss would have a fit if he saw the working conditions of these guys! Come on, I think we need to introduce the development industry to the rules of lean management, waste reduction, clean and simple working spaces, blah blah blah!

ever notice the consultants never work as diligently as the employees .. well ... everyone's a 'consultant' in the construction industry

^Are you restricting your remarks to just the construction industry?

more space was taken in this building

don't know how many of you read the business section of your local rag...but yesterday's Globe had a blurb about Goodman's (lawfirm) moving out of the Eaton Centre and into the BA Centre in 2009. Took 170,000 sq ft which should make this building fill up with tenants quicker. Goodman's has a supply chain too--they'll likely end up taking more space. So no stump in site here!

They Globe was particularly slow in reporting that - it's been common knowledge for weeks. Also, LawPRO is moving from 1 Dundas down to 250 Yonge - so there are a few floors free in 1 Dundas come January.

More pics from TD Centre:

BA.jpg

BA1.jpg

Pretty soon we will have another concrete stump there in place of the last one... hopefully the new one won't be around as long!

Back