News   Jul 16, 2024
 282     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 400     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

These dont look like your typical office windows. Im sure Brookfield hasn't waited all these years to put up a cheap looking building. I would think they would want to make a statement especially given their desire to use dramatic lighting to make the tower really stand out.

The Curtain Wall Test lives on!

More pics:

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

BA3.jpg

BA4.jpg

BA5.jpg

I guess I'm the only one that likes them. Particularly that one at the bottom left. It is very difficult to know what it might actually look like when completed just by looking at a single panel though.

I guess I'm the only one that likes them. Particularly that one at the bottom left. It is very difficult to know what it might actually look like when completed just by looking at a single panel though.

I didn't think they were that bad either.

Thanks for the pics, Sean. I love the view into the pit, where the ragged demolished foundations mingle with their squared, freshly-poured successors.

Maybe that should be their new marketing slogan:

BA centre brought to you by Brookfield. Our designs aren't THAT bad.

that last photo is kinda funny. When you look at Maritime Life over at Queen and Yonge, its pretty much the same design as the old Bay Adelaide complex and how the hole and building line up it creates the story.

The test cladding was lit up tonight. About a 1/4 to 1/2 of the right side of both of the right panels had a vertical strip running from top to bottom. The colour morped from blue to green and back. Very cool! There were a bunch of suits discussing it so I'm not sure if its still lit up. Too bad I didn't have a camera.

Very nice! It's still hard to believe sometimes that they are actually working on this one... after so many year of abandonment!

Great pic Ed, did you climb up on something to get it? Every morning on my way past the site I never have time to peer in.

At the southwest corner of the site there's a few inches of space in the fencing that allows my camera in. Only unobsructed view I've been able to find beyond one of the office towers.

Do construction workers practise kaizen?

My boss would have a fit if he saw the working conditions of these guys! Come on, I think we need to introduce the development industry to the rules of lean management, waste reduction, clean and simple working spaces, blah blah blah!

If any of Toronto's major developers were public companies, and I was a shareholder--look out mr ceo!

I'm being slightly humerous btw (our pathetic company just attempted kaizen and failed: result: i'm out of a job. ha.) Still, re: construction sites--why are they always so disorganized and inefficient looking?

Bay Adelaide is being built by Brookfield which has shares listed on the TSE. Buy a share and complain at the next general meeting.

Considering building is a hands on occupation I'm not sure where they could get more efficient.

Back