News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Using the picture that casaguy posted, is it possible for someone to draw a line or an outline rather of where this building will ultimately come to a stop?

p5

dscn2508lineda7.jpg

Here you go!

Allowing for perspective (It's a bit farther from the camera than TD), my best estimate is this:

DSCN2508-1.jpg

edit -- Or maybe not. I just figured out that the camera was to the NW or WNW of the CBD (I had thought SW for some reason), so BA would actually be a little closer than TD -- so add a little bit to the indicated height. The roof line should be at, or just below, the bottom of the 'V-notch' on Scotia Plaza

lots of great pics pouring in now! That corner at Bay and Adelaide is going to turn ugly for traffic once Trump starts getting materials delivered...

That corner at Bay and Adelaide is going to turn ugly for traffic once Trump starts getting materials delivered...

Will this be the #2 intersection in Toronto for skyscaper construction? Number one is without a doubt York and Bremner, with up to seven big towers U/C within a couple of years. Bay and Adelaide would have BA1, Trump and perhaps BA2 by next year. Then there's Yonge and Sheppard with the upcoming Hullmark Centre and possibly Emerald Park City (if it goes ahead), so 5 big towers there. Are there any other intersections that might end up at that level of development?

With apologies to Mike for messing with another of his pics.... this sketch is fairly accurately scaled (used actual floors from the pic) so we can see that while BA ain't exactly SP!RE, it is a nicely proportioned tower.

badone.jpg

Thanks you guys for posting the outlines-lines etc. I thought it was to be a little taller, but I guess not.

As for the image 3D, looks swell, just swell.

p5

Same place WZMH Architects learned the daring, edgy style that went into the design of this oh-so-original building.

Back