News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

great pics from Current and Geekaroo! This construction technique seems quite different than anything I have seen before - whats with those crazy platforms arranged in diagonal amidst that outer sheathing? Well whatever it is, it sure looks like a professional job. And man, that elevator core is getting some serious height now...

Thanks for the pics guys!

whats with those crazy platforms arranged in diagonal amidst that outer sheathing?

Yeah, I was wondering that too, my guess is that they are to allow for the crane to lift materials to those floor, and they're staggered to allow clear space above for lifting by crane. I agree that this construction work seems really professional, it's good to see.

Does the raised protective sheathing mean that they will soon start applying cladding underneath?

^^What? That sounds ridiculous. I cannot imagine that being the case, but if it is, it will be extremely slow..and inefficient.

p5

That doesn't make sense as they cannot do any real interior work until the cladding is up. Besides I believe they have an occupancy date of Feb/09 for this building which would not be possible going by a schedule like that.

The cladding is starting in a couple weeks. They're already gearing up. They aren't waiting for the entire steel structure, but they did need to wait for a few floors of cured concrete.

^No. If I comprehended correctly an earlier post said the entire steel skeleton is being completed before any cladding goes on.

Are you referring to my post? I did say that Ellis Don didnt want to clad the lower portion of the tower until most of the construction was complete so as to not damage it.

I have no clue if its still happening or not. I havnt spoken to my friend in a while.

So they are putting tarp over the lower levels to keep them protected from damage while starting to put final cladding on the middle levels first. Could that be the plan?

Back