News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Avonshire (Yonge/401, Tridel/K&G, 14 + 21 + 3x 22s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Looks like Avonshire's aerial renderings have been updated with Aristo ~

aerial1_800.jpg

aerial3_800.jpg

A couple of more Aristo at Avonshire renderings. Interiors are designed by Munge Leung, the same team behind the Republic of Yonge & Eglinton.

Lobby with concierge
lobby-night-logos-1200.jpg

Party Room lounge and fireplace
party-room-night-logo-1200w.jpg

Avonshire Parkside Townhome construction

Construction photos taken on February 9, 2011 (L. Chapman)

IMG_9895-1200w.jpg

IMG_9902-1200w.jpg

IMG_9889-1200w.jpg

Over 2 Dozen new images added to the Aristo image gallery

Aristo at Avonshire image gallery has been updated with new VR and aerial composite imagery. Facebook photo gallery was updated as well.

Aristo at Avonshire email sent out to all Tridel subscribers http://bit.ly/hBHOAk announcing Grand Opening on Saturday, March , 12, 2011, from 12 noon to 6 pm, at the newly renovated Tridel North York Store.

building_750.jpg

aerial_night_750.jpg

lobby3_750.jpg

spa_750.jpg

2 Bedroom 2D Suite

suite-2d_living_750.jpg

Avonshire Community Park

park_750.jpg

park2_750.jpg

Aristo at Avonshire Scale Model

Some photos I took of the Aristo at Avonshire scale model before it gets shipped from our boardroom to the Tridel Store at 4679 Yonge St. for Saturday's Grand Opening. Note the green roof on the podium and the residences between the two towers.

As viewed from the south west
DSCN0190-scale-model-800.jpg

East facing side
DSCN0195-scale-model-800.jpg

West facing side
DSCN0201-scale-model-800.jpg

I attended a Seminar yesterday evening and was advised by Tridel that occupancy has begun on the lower floors of Solaris 1+2, James Cooper Mansion, and the Avonshire towers A+B ... they expect registration of the condominiums sometime in May/June 2011

Aristo at Avonshire Amenity Maps

Aristo at Avonshire website is going live today prior to tomorrow's Grand Opening at the newly renovated Tridel Store North York at 4679 Yonge St. Below are two maps of Aristo's amenities. The second floor features extensive recreation with hot and cold plunge pools, fitness centre, party room and rooftop terrace with barbecues.

club_grd-floor_900.jpg

club_2nd-floor_1200.jpg

March/April 13 2011 update

IMG_5269.jpg

Lobby Entrance
IMG_5271.jpg

Building Podium
IMG_5273.jpg

Beautifully Appointed Lobby @ Avonshire
Click to Enlarge

Suite Entrance
IMG_5277.jpg

View towards NYCC
IMG_5280.jpg

Avonshire Parkside Townhomes
IMG_5278.jpg

Harrison, Bldg E
IMG_5279.jpg

Your view to the North York City Centre (north) shows some of the original rental units on the north side of Oakburn Crescent.

About half of these were removed for the current development--according to the Tridel website renderings posted on earlier pages, these will eventually be replaced by more towns. This would probably be after Aristo is complete.

As of last fall these units were still occupied, but I am not sure if they are now.

I'm just not a fan of these developments ... they should be banned in Toronto .......

The plot of land was large enough for a mini - downtown Markham sort of development. Yet we get this ... all residential, completely suburban ...
I've walked around this area many a times as used to live close ... it feels disconnected and desolate ... but then again I'd say the same about most residential streets (i.e. houses only), so this is the high rise version.

I'd love to blame tridel but it's not their fault, it's the cities fault for allowing it, or giving into tridel's pressure as I'm sure they have a lot.

Same goes for cityplace ... though they at least attempted to add some variety and retail along some corridors. What plot of land will be ruined next you ask ? I very large one (probably a similar size to uptown markham), that would be Concord Park @ Sheppard.

It's funny how the suburbs are starting to push for urban developments and the city isn't. To be fair, the suburbs are pushing it in their growth areas i.e. downtown Markham ... there are still plenty of terrible projects proposed / approved / under construction in Markham today. But for Toronto, NYCC is a grow center ... Sheppard should be as well ... sad ...

Last edited:
I'm not sure what mixed of uses you were hoping for considering it's off the beaten path. I could see a variety store possibly working but that's about it. The walk these owner have to commercial is shorter than mine in my pre-war streetcar suburb. It wouldn't surprise me either if it took most of the community to fill FCP with workers. This is not directed at you but, I get the impression many around these parts expect about a 3:1 ratio of residential towers to office towers to be balanced.

I'm not sure what mixed of uses you were hoping for considering it's off the beaten path. I could see a variety store possibly working but that's about it. The walk these owner have to commercial is shorter than mine in my pre-war streetcar suburb. It wouldn't surprise me either if it took most of the community to fill FCP with workers. This is not directed at you but, I get the impression many around these parts expect about a 3:1 ratio of residential towers to office towers to be balanced.

That's Ok you can direct it at me :) - I'm not sure what the exact ratio would be, but yes something like that. You're right that if it were condos and offices alone it would take much more, but fact remains many still live in houses throughout the GTA (which btw is completely OK). So it wouldn't be the surrounding community alone that would populate the offices nearb, that would only make up a small component.

I guess I was going on a little rant there. Concord's park place really irks me though, you say this location is off the beaten path but clearly that wasn't. Also off the beaten path is relative to a certain degree. There's nothing stopping us from building roads in the area to provide that sort of infrastructure.

To be fair, this area was a lost cause to start. I say this because if we started over i.e. remove all the buildings west to Yonge (in this area) we now have land that isn't off the beaten path and a mixed use community would be ideal.

If you stop and think about it - other then the waterfront, where is Toronto really building these mixed use communities (it doesn't have to be all offices - I get that, clearly the demand for offices out of the core is extremely low, for whatever unfortunate reason). It's the suburbs in the 905 that are attempting to do things better now.

Maybe the shops at don mills are another example.

Taal,

Downtown Markham is a suburban mixed-used development that attempts to create an urban environment. Avondale is already part of the urban environment, minutes away from the intersection of two subways.

If there was demand for commercial space in this area there would be commercial towers. But with commercial office buildings selling for $250-300 psf at the high end and new condos selling for $550-$600 psf at the high end I will let you guess the highest and best use of the land.

In my opinion Tridel has done an exceptional job here. Those buildings are attractive and are the right scale for the area. It is a big enhancement to the under-utilized low rise apartments that occupied the area previously.

I do agree that there could have been more commercial development along Yonge Street, where Menkes and Baghai first built there towers but Menkes definitely knows the office market as well as anyone having built multiple office towers in the area and if they didn't see a market that it's doubtful anyone else would either.

I guess that's another matter all together i.e. why this supposedly attractive district (i.e. NYCC) struggles to attract any new office development while Hi-way/404 has put up multiple office towers over the last 5 years and many more are planned.

Anyway, yes it adds density, but again if it were built out correctly from the start - with a proper grid road network put in place, it could have been a much more appealing.

What do offices sell for (compared to condos) in the 905 btw ?

Back