News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.8K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 600     1 

Avonshire (Yonge/401, Tridel/K&G, 14 + 21 + 3x 22s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Looks like the next phase of Avonshire is coming ...

Avonshire + Aristo (Yonge/401, Tridel/K&G, 14 + 21 + 3x 22s, Kirkor)

I'm going to guess that Aristo will be Buildings 'C' + 'D' in accordance with the City Planning Staff Report (Nov 2008), shown as the two eastern most towers on Tridel's master site plan~

masterplan_640.jpg

re: future phases: http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/navigatePlanningApp.do?method=next&reportType=2

120 HARRISON GARDEN BLVD
Site Plan Approval 10 296900 NNY 23 SA Ward 23
- North York Nov 15, 2010 --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Chlon, Mark
416-395-7137
Proposal of two buildings, one 21 storey with 284 suites and one 16 storey with 193 units linked with underground parking

Damn, my 8000th post wasted on an ugly Tridel mccondomansion? barf.

edit: oh well, I came up with a new word, lol.

Last edited:
thanks for the preview image UD ~

it looks like Aristo has the simiilar massing (geometry + terracing) as Avonshire but just in glass, which is interesting ... however I can't say I like it at first glance though, as much as many hate the precast and cladding of Avonshire towers, Aristo may appear 'out of place' in this strip which currently is primarily precast / stucco / brick (Skymark Centre, Avonshire, Avonshire Towns, Harrison, Carriage Homes of Avondale, One Avondale, Residences of Avondale, Mansions of Avondale, Spectrum), which together forms the Avondale development ...

I dare to say it may have made more sense to keep Aristo's exterior precast as per original masterplan (below) rather than going glass/spandrels on these last 2 towers

aerial1_800.jpg

aerial2_800.jpg

aerial3_800.jpg

Solaris, I respectfully disagree. By keeping the predominately precast exterior just because a glass exterior will be "out of place" is like throwing salt in the wounds. A variation in exterior materials is very welcoming to this neighbourhood (which already has some glass buildings such as Menkes' Spectrum buildings). In the Solaris thread you brought up the repetitive design of the townhouses and that being akin to public housing. Wouldn't putting up two more buildings with identical massing and materials be similar? Since moving to the area a few months ago and having to see all the excess precast schlock in this area on a daily basis (not to mention the same shit growing like an healthy fungus on Sheppard, east of Bayview) I gladly welcome more glass to Yonge/401. The biggest problem I have with the Avonshire and Avondale buildings (the Tridel ones specifically) is not that they use precast, but that they are all precast and pretty much the same colour. Adding more precast buildings here would be really nauseating.

Interior design will be by Alessandro Munge of Munge-Leung Design (http://www.mungeleung.com/). Preliminary concepts and direction are looking fantastic. Munge-Leung designed the interiors of Tridel's Republic of Yonge & Eglinton. I will post renders when they become available.

A new masterplan is being developed so the one above, including the aerial composite, is not correct for the 2 Aristo towers (Avonshire C+D). As soon as the new material becomes available I will post it here on UT.

Anyone who wants to receive text messages with upcoming news regarding Aristo should text aristosm to 82442.

Last edited:
A new masterplan is being developed so the one above, including the aerial composite, is not correct for the 2 Aristo towers (Avonshire C+D). As soon as the new material becomes available I will post it here on UT.

thanks TWM ... while the above renders may be out dated in terms of building exteriors (for bldgs C+D), I gather the master plan will remain 'more or less' the same as what is shown above as the siting of buildings have site-specific approvals put in place through Ontario Municipal Board

Site Plan Application submitted

Address - 120 HARRISON GARDEN BLVD
Application Type - Site Plan Approval
Application No. - 10 296900 NNY 23 SA
Ward & District - Ward 23, North York

Date Received - Nov 15, 2010
Application Status - Application Submitted
Status Date - Nov 15, 2010
Planner Name - Chlon, Mark
Phone Number - 416-395-7137

Site Plan Application for two residential buildings, 21-storeys, 284 units (Building C) and 16-storeys, 193 units (Building D). The buildings are joined by an 8-storey linked podium/base building which has some grade related units. The buildings share a three level underground parking garage. The buildings are part of the second phase of the Avonshire development. APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE AS THE SUBMISSION ONLY INCLUDED ARCHITECTURAL AND LANDSCAPE PLANS AND A STORMWATER MANAGEMENT REPORT.

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningAppSetup.do?action=init

With the updated information urbandreamer found, it is fair to say building heights in the overall development has been slightly tweaked from the orginal September 2006 staff report, to the following:
  • Bldg A - Avonshire West, 21 storeys (unchanged)
  • Bldg B - Avonshire East, 21 storeys (unchanged)
  • Bldg C - Aristo South, 21 storeys (was 18s)
  • Bldg D - Aristo North, 16 storeys (was 15s)
  • Bldg E - Harrison, 22 storeys (was 21s)
Avonshire + Harrison + Aristo (NYCC, Tridel/K&G, 16 + 3x 21 + 22s, Kirkor)

Let me be the first to say: why not taller? Any location this close to a subway should be 30 storeys, minimum. 16 floors just seems small, unless some sort of downtown-like height-graduation is in effect for NYCC, with Hullmark being the centre piece.

January 23 2011 update

Crazy how these towers literally 'hug' Highway 401 :eek:
IMG_5171.jpg

Click to Enlarge

Lobby entrance's looking good
IMG_5172.jpg

Towers 'A & 'B'

Tower 'E' - Harrison (rental)

Avonshire Townhomes

Revised Tridel Avonshire Masterplan

This is the updated masterplan image for the website showing the locations of the two Aristo towers:

aristo-masterplan-1200w.jpg

Back