News   Oct 04, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 3.8K     4 

Annual UT Holiday Pub Meet - Dec 28 @ The Devil's Advocate

Re: Annual UT Holiday Pub Meet - Dec 28 @ The Devil's Advoca

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday guys. What was the total turnout this year?

Pics! Pics!

Pics are in process. I'm hoping to get the red-eye taken care of before posting. (My software isn't currently up to the task.) Tomorrow hopefully? Workin' on it!

If you photoshop the red-eye it will destroy the editorial credibility of your images. Nobody will be able to rely on them as representations of the truth and will wonder what else you've enhanced.

Good meet. Good people. Good beer.

Horrible food. Horrible.

Just before meeting, ganj and I were discussing food and he (being the only person to have been to the Devil's Advocate) added this to his email:

Disclaimer: HG shall in no way be held responsible if the
quality of the chicken wings does not meet the standards of
any member of the UT forum meet.

Quick thinking. If not for that, my litigation lawyer would be drawing up papers right now.

;)

LOL interchange42.

Cool, thanx.

Yeah, fun meet but the food was no good. I hadn't been there for a few years and the wings have gone way downhill. Good thing I included the disclaimer.

A thousand apologies for not showing up. I really wanted to but it appears that my health got the best of me. All in all, I think we should have more meets than a sole annual one.

Wow I'm fat! Time to hit the gym. No more stopping for pints on the way home at Chicago's.

We do meet more often than once a year. We usually arrange a pub meet in winter and once in summer, and there's also a call to meet for Doors Open.

And most of the people who have already met each other arrange to meet more often than that. You don't get invited to smaller meets if you don't introduce yourself at one of the larger ones.

The last unofficial meet in Nov/Dec (?) was larger than this meet. We also do occasional walks like the Regent Park one depicted in SPM's photo thread.

Back