News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

'Absolute bedlam' on Pearson's busiest day

I flew in from LHR on Dec 26, and out to LHR on Dec 30th. I arrived early, and there were no delays on either end for me either. I think one of the nice things in this whole mess with Pearson is that as there is US pre-clearance, travellers to other countries are separated from the mess caused by any additional checks to US bound travellers.

I can also report a very smooth recent experience on a domestic flight from T1; no line at all at security and a pleasant experience all around. Incidentally I had never flown from the domestic pier at that teminal before and was pleasantly surprised by the post-security retail options; much better than in the international hammerhead, which is really awful.

I am quite happy with Pearson, as a regular user (once per month or more). The thing that many people do not seem to value is their time. If you want to spend an 1.5 hours or more on the road to Buffalo with your family or alone, then to fly to your destination and face the same time to go home, then by all means, please do. I think that the 3 hours that you are incurring are woth something. For me, the total time I spend getting to and from Pearson is 20-30 mins (no traffic).

I love flying out of Person too, its a 30 min drive tops from where i live. I flew out of Buffalo a few years ago because of the price. I needed 4 last minute tickets to Los Angeles 2 years ago, the cheapest flight out of Pearson to LAX was $3000 for 4 tickets, i got 4 tickets out of Buffalo for $900 for that much savings it was well worth the drive to Buffalo and i had better flight times to choose from as well.

Back