News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 332     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Abandoned or neglected buildings in Toronto

I came acr this blog while reminiscing about the area where I spent my early years, Davenport and Ossington. If you are interested in the history of this buildin, before it was Alcoa Bakery, it was a small supermarket called Fredrick Market and was owned by my family. We also owned the buildings at 1145, 1a49 and 1153. I can expand on the details of the area if anyone is interested.

Please do!

I came acr this blog while reminiscing about the area where I spent my early years, Davenport and Ossington. If you are interested in the history of this buildin, before it was Alcoa Bakery, it was a small supermarket called Fredrick Market and was owned by my family. We also owned the buildings at 1145, 1a49 and 1153. I can expand on the details of the area if anyone is interested.

Welcome to the forum!

I grew up along Davenport, just west of Dufferin. So I'm familiar with seeing the Frederick Market. Please feel free to share more details!

I want to add the Church of Scientology building on Yonge. It's disappointing that it's just sitting there in a dilapidated condition. Does anyone know what is up with it?

My understanding from another thread is that in the Church of Scientology it is "illegal" to dispense with one of their properties. The only way they will get rid of it is if someone wants to claim insurance.

I want to add the Church of Scientology building on Yonge. It's disappointing that it's just sitting there in a dilapidated condition. Does anyone know what is up with it?
yes, and they seemingly owe back taxes by the articles I can find. Why does the city not take this? Certainly the property could be used for a housing project

Doors Open snuck up on me, usually there is an article about it here but I don't see it, any suggestions? (Yes I know it is off topic - did it on purpose to provoke a response)
update - just had a look online, think I will take a proper wander around Billy Bishop, have never really taken the time to check it out. Have a great Doors Open everybody!

Last edited:
by way of apology, my photos of 66 George St, which now has an application for reconstruction, been empty since a fire at the coffee shop way back in 2017 (?)
HPIM1165.JPG
HPIM1164.JPG
HPIM1169.JPG

Back