News   May 01, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 319     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 354     0 

88 On Broadway Condos (Cityzen, Myriad Group, Westdale Properties) - Real Estate -

Are you guys sure of the rental units statement? I don't remember being told about that when I purchased.

Lex ... there is definitely a 'rental' building connected to the north of 88 Broadway condos (but with separate lobby and elevators) ... this is something that the builder HAD TO DO for rental replacement units, but again the sales person probably didn't explain in any detail if you didn't ask (why would they short sell themselves?)

88 on Broadway

Does anyone know if the builder will allow you to assign (sell) your unit after occupancy (before the building is registered?)

88 on Broadway

Hi Lex:
Yes, read the "Condo Documents" (the thick book of goobly goop lawyer speak) from page 3 forward. Also refer to the survey building plans at the end of the booklet. The shaded in area that states "Not Part of this Disclosure" is the rental half. Ask your lawyer to decipher that part if you don't speak Lawyer-nese.

Solaris:
Condo broker = salesman..... 'nuff said.

Ciento:
Check your "Agreement of Purchase and Sale" to see if you signed a Schedule "X" which has all the details about that. If you did sign that document, you will NOT be able to sell your unit until after registration.

Hope that helps :):)

Thanks for the feedback...they may or may not have mentioned it...it was so long ago, lol!

I don't know if the building is registered yet, but they definitely have an occupancy permit for some floors. I walked by yesterday and people are living in the lower floors.

I think I remember reading somewhere that 72 rental units were built and 202 or so condo units.

I talked to a realtor who thinks the listings are all contract assignments. He doesn't expect occupancy to be completed before end of December or January.

but re-assignment sales can not be listed on MLS though (that would be illegal) ... if someone wants to sell a unit before registration it has to be marketed through 'unofficial' mediums, and the MLS is definitely not one of the available choices

but re-assignment sales can not be listed on MLS though (that would be illegal) ... if someone wants to sell a unit before registration it has to be marketed through 'unofficial' mediums, and the MLS is definitely not one of the available choices

That's interesting. I emailed two of the listing agents and both said it was a sale of an existing purchase contract (ie. not from the builders inventory). There are four units listed and the building is not registered.

then I shall only respond with "interesting...", whoever the listing agent is they shall never be named ~ :D

3189629872_a3573de1cb_b.jpg

3188781955_d2b9d5549d_b.jpg

Anyone moved into this yet?

I'd like to know how the units are / construction quality and the like .... I'm considering purchasing a unit in the near future :D

There are about a dozen units listed there now. But I believe they are all contract assignments. The building probably wont be registered before Spring an agent tells me.

Back