550 Wellington West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

What is everyone doing for curtains/blinds? Is there a 'group buy' planed?

I'm surprised that 550 didnt include blinds (or at least give us a good group buy rate) so all the units would have the same look/feel.

We used Aileen's (sp?) for our place and it was absolutely seamless from purchase to installation. Not sure how they'd be for a group buy, but I highly recommend them.

the park was a big selling point for me, and its no coincidence that stewart exposed units sold/are selling for much cheaper than wellington side.

update: my heat still doesn't work.

Rosto has Freed taken care of your deficiencies?

Speaking of deficiencies, anyone here have plan 22 (units 401, 501, 601, 701, 801, 901)? I have a major defect where the bedroom sliding door handle hits my wall and thus does not close. I noted it during by PDI but when I got my keys today all they did is remove the handle. Now the door slides behind the wall and I cant lock it or open it again. Does everyone with this plan have the same problem?

Hemiboy - you could lock your door before? was that an upgrade? lol....i don't have a handle on any of my sliding doors either, and I can see how a handle might hit the wall. I've noted it on my 30-day.

Mav - no my deficiencies have not been dealt with, they have not addressed anything, I have submitted my 30-day and now the onus is on them, i am sick of trying to get them to fix anything so we'll see what happens. They came in to fix my neighbour's railing, which has the same problem as mine, damage and black marks all over it...they came in and spraypainted it a colour which does not exactly match the railing colour.

"March 2010 will see the group expanding beyond the US with Thompson Toronto opening its doors to the vibrant Canadian city. The 100-room hotel on Wellington Street will survey Toronto’s dynamic fashion and design district offering stunning interiors with a quintessential Thompson vibe by Studio Gaia. The property will include an end-destination restaurant, a 24-hour upscale diner-style bar, ‘ATNT’ an infinity roof-top pool and members bar and during the Winter months an outdoor dining area will transform to host the hotel’s very own ice rink. An ideal venue for business and events, the property will feature a ballroom accommodating up to 250 people and a 42 seat cinema."
Source: http://www.eventmingle.com/external/pressreleasedetail.aspx?id=adb5c1b4-e368-44e8-b330-e40a4e86a0fe

What is a 'ATNT'?

Does anybody know the deal with this 'Thompson Residences'? the new freed project where the travelodge used to be? Are they going to have access to the 550 Wellington/Thompson Hotel amenities????

"March 2010 will see the group expanding beyond the US with Thompson Toronto opening its doors to the vibrant Canadian city. The 100-room hotel on Wellington Street will survey Toronto’s dynamic fashion and design district offering stunning interiors with a quintessential Thompson vibe by Studio Gaia. The property will include an end-destination restaurant, a 24-hour upscale diner-style bar, ‘ATNT’ an infinity roof-top pool and members bar and during the Winter months an outdoor dining area will transform to host the hotel’s very own ice rink. An ideal venue for business and events, the property will feature a ballroom accommodating up to 250 people and a 42 seat cinema."
Source: http://www.eventmingle.com/external/pressreleasedetail.aspx?id=adb5c1b4-e368-44e8-b330-e40a4e86a0fe

What is a 'ATNT'?

Is this ice rink/restaurant area the one at ground level on Wellington? I'd read that there would be an ice rink here in the winter, but I hadn't heard it would be a patio during the summer. How annoying will that be for residents with ground level entry right there?

Or maybe I'm not understanding this, and they'll be putting the ice rink on the roof now?

Ice rink

My understanding from when I did my PDI is that the ice rink is going to be on the Wellington side. I think it is going to be a fountain or something in the summer/spring months, and then an ice rink in the winter. They said there will be a lounge area beside it as well, but I am not sure what that means. It seems to kind of be in the middle of the street, so I don't really understand who would lounge there... but that is what they told me. The roof is still staying an infinity pool and lounge from my understanding.

Sorry MavRk. At least you were warned. How did they respond?

they actually came in and did some work on my place yesterday! they caulked some stuff and painted a little, first time they have made any effort, still a long ways to go.

two words - Class Action

What a joke, the interior looks like shit...the guys that worked on my unit were either blind or retarded or both. Even the individual who conducted my PDI was shaking his head in utter disgust...

Anyway I hope everyone's deficiencies are resolved in the next year.

I can't believe PDI's are being conducted in units without cabinets, toilets, doors, appliances...what the hell are we inspecting , walls and the concrete????

:mad: That's pretty bad for them to schedule PDIs when nothing significant is complete. Maybe you can call them and ask for another PDI to be done a few weeks prior to your move in date?

Seems like a lot of dissatisfied owners in this project, hope they step it up and fix all of your problems!

oh you were the one calling me a bitch...too funny...

you still have to move in in 2 weeks?

oh man ... so many stories of poor workmanship and bad customer service to fix these problems from Freed are very disheartening.

does anyone know if this was common in Freed's earlier projects (2000s) and this is a recent result of the continuing condo boom?

And wtf is with no mirrors in the parking garage, those corners are deadly and tight...I'm so glad they put up signs telling me which way to the thompson hotel though, and all the work they did in the parking garage instead of fixing our units.

I think this is a deliberate plan to get occupancy fees as soon as they could by making units "liveable" and sorting it out later.

Good luck guys. A lot of similar things are happening at the Printing Factory Lofts development, based on what I'm reading the in the facebook group (PDIs scheduled too early, lots of common issues, etc). We at least had the doors on our cabinets though!

Back