550 Wellington West (Freed Developments) - Real Estate -

My patience is running thin. I e-mailed them today and told them that I am moving out, stopping payment on my occupancy cheques, not paying for the time that i do not have adequate heating, and charging rent for a new dwelling to Freed.

I have received no response.

dude all you do is complain...PLEASE move!

I post here because I would think people would be interested in my situation.

Am I wrong in complaining that I don't have adequate heating?

Also, I just called Tarion, they informed me that my 30-day period started on December 3rd, the date that Freed gave them for occupancy, however I was not actually given occupancy until the 17th. Now I have to provide evidence of this. Anyone who has occupancy should be aware of this.

Probably just me complaining though.

we almost bought one of the 2 story units on the Stewart side but pulled out at the last minute as we felt the price was just too high (this was back in december).

They were asking for $399,900.

After reading about Rosto's comments, I'm glad we decided against it.

Also, I just called Tarion, they informed me that my 30-day period started on December 3rd, the date that Freed gave them for occupancy, however I was not actually given occupancy until the 17th. Now I have to provide evidence of this. Anyone who has occupancy should be aware of this.

that's kind of shady of Freed to give an earlier date for occupancy ... does than essentially invalidate any concerns you may have with Tarion?

was there any interaction with Freed on December 3?
did you do a PDI then, and officially given occupancy on the 17?

trying to get an idea of where they would pull that date from?

why should he ... his concerns seem valid.

it's always good to hear balanced stories as opposed to all the cheerleading, fluff, pump and dump.

Last edited:
that's kind of shady of Freed to give an earlier date for occupancy ... does than essentially invalidate any concerns you may have with Tarion?

was there any interaction with Freed on December 3?
did you do a PDI then, and officially given occupancy on the 17?

trying to get an idea of where they would pull that date from?

why should he ... his concerns seem valid.

it's always good to hear balanced stories as opposed to all the cheerleading, fluff, pump and dump.

Yes that was the first occupancy date freed gave me, but they extended this date several times bc the city did not give them their permit until the 17th

Rosto,
I believe when you did your PDI, you should have gotten the Tarion forms from Freed which indicated when Freed would be filing for occupancy. Check those documents.

Did you ever check your ceiling heights in the POSA?

550 Wellington

Rosto,

I am so sorry to hear of all your troubles with your unit. Having bought pre-construction units in the downtown core three times now, I too have encountered problems - but minor ones though - that did end up gettng fixed in a reasonable time frame. Your issues sound more serious and are more of day to day irritants (like no heating and appliances not working properly.) It really shouldn't be that way.

I almost bought in 550 Wellington back in 2006 but as I had other units purchased, cash flow was at a low. I am still mourning the fact that i didn't buy but also am concerned now with all your issues! (buying again that is).

In any case, I'm going to be in your area - actually at a city planning meeting for the condo being built where the travelodge was just demolished. Would it be okay to pass by on Wednesday evening and see your unit?

I realize I am a virtual stranger but I am harmless i promise! I am just genuinely interested in seeing the nature of the shoddy workmanship as I go to look at buying something from Freed.

REG
PS. In another post I had asked you to outline your issues but that was because I hadn't seen this thread. Please ignore that request.

What is everyone doing for curtains/blinds? Is there a 'group buy' planed?

I'm surprised that 550 didnt include blinds (or at least give us a good group buy rate) so all the units would have the same look/feel.

What is everyone doing for curtains/blinds? Is there a 'group buy' planed?

I'm surprised that 550 didnt include blinds (or at least give us a good group buy rate) so all the units would have the same look/feel.

Hey Hemi,

Check out the Facebook page - one of the other tenants has preferred pricing (or an existing relationship) with a company. I haven't contacted them yet, but I'd expect some type of discount is in place, or if not satisfactory a group of us could approach another supplier. If you don't mind me asking, what type of coverings are you looking at getting?

Hi Rosto

Sorry to hear of your problems, I had a few when I moved into my building as the first occupant.

Two things:

1) Can you use your lawyer to prove that you took occupancy on the 17th? I remember doing all my closings the day before I took occupancy, and i'm sure the date was documented. Also - won't Freed have charged you a pro-rated amount for the first month's occupancy fee that reflects a move-in of the 17th rather than the 3rd?

2) I can't stress enough how you need to cover your ass with Tarion and the PDI. I was 9 hours late submitting my 30-day form, and they dismissed it. So I relied heavily on the one-year form... when I submitted that they said they didn't have my PDI form and the onus was on me to supply them with this to prove I didn't create the faults (the developer did nothing to rectify any PDI faults). Nice eh? Luckily, I had kept a copy and was able to furnish them. One of my neighbours was not so lucky and none of her problems were rectified, and her warranty is essentially now useless as Tarion have no record of the state of her unit when she moved in.

Good luck.

Hey Hemi,

Check out the Facebook page - one of the other tenants has preferred pricing (or an existing relationship) with a company. I haven't contacted them yet, but I'd expect some type of discount is in place, or if not satisfactory a group of us could approach another supplier. If you don't mind me asking, what type of coverings are you looking at getting?

If you guys are thinking about using the Lifestyle Shop on Spadina for your group buy, stay away. Horrific customer service when someone in our condo used them.

Back