News   Mar 28, 2024
 194     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 204     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 265     0 

44th Canadian Federal Election

😂😂😂 by that logic, why doesn't the government just have an election every year, heck, why not make it every quarter as it is "stimulus" right?
It's inflation and we're all paying for it.

Everyone here is so quick to jump on the bandwagon, accusing me of voting for Conservatives, while I have not even once mentioned what I vote for.

In reality in the outside world, the opinion of it being a useless waste of $600m is very popular.

Just look at the news:
Was it a waste of moNey? Absolutely.

But your criticism started after the election, and you first criticised the lack of change. If you meant otherwise, I apologize, but it seems you're criticising the results.

It was never going to be. So it shouldn't be a problem. This money isn't changing the outcome of any budget.
Are you the finance minister?
How do you know where or how the $600m will be spent otherwise?

It's a useless waste of taxpayers money and it's obvious. It is the mainstream and popular media narrative. We can all wait 1 year and save $600m for other important things
What do you think $600m just appear from thin air?

It comes at the expense of other things, it's called opportunity cost, why does the government say we don't have budget for infrastructure, $10 childcare projects, etc. etc. if you can just get $600m from nowhere?

Are you the finance minister?
How do you know where or how the $600m will be spent otherwise?

Yes I am the finance minister, you got me. But show me where $600m is being taken out of the budget?
The idea that this money is taking away from families, small business, or homeless is not supported by facts, and is primarily peddled by those who lost the election. Had they won, they wouldn't say mum.

Yes I am the finance minister, you got me. But show me where $600m is being taken out of the budget?
The idea that this money is taking away from families, small business, or homeless is not supported by facts, and is primarily peddled by those who lost the election. Had they won, they wouldn't say mum.
The US 2020 election cost them

$14.4 billion

See link.

Since the US is 10 times the size of Canada, that $14.4 billion would be $1.44 billion in US dollars.

It was never going to be. So it shouldn't be a problem. This money isn't changing the outcome of any budget.
exactly 👍👍,anyone who doesn't understand this should read
IMG_20210922_110933.jpg

Since the US is 10 times the size of Canada,
When will Canadians with strong opinions bereft of facts finally put this one to bed? There is no metric where the US is ten times the size of Canada.

Population? No. We're 37.6 million. The USA is 331.4 million, not the 376 million you're seemingly suggesting.
Economy? No. Canada's GDP is 1.74 trillion USD. The USA's GDP is 21.4 trillion USD, not 17.4 trillion.
Voters? No. 27.4 million Canadians voted. In the last US election, 158.4 million voted, not the 274 million you may be suggesting.
Federal government spending? No. Ottawa spent $650 billion (USD 501 billion) in 2020. Washington spent $4.45 trillion in 2019, not 5 billion (you're getting closer on this one at least)

Last edited:

If you are the finance minister why are you asking me questions about budgets? Don't you have the next election to set up next quarter? To take another $600m away?
As I said it doesn't matter who wins we can all wait 1 more year and save the $600m

My view of WASTED tax payer is shared by popular media and PhDs and published books (see 4 sources). Do you have a PhD or have published books "finance minister"?
What facts do YOU have on the $600m? So like Covid, I'm gonna trust the experts with accreditation and degrees.

Source 1: Was the federal election worth the $600 million spent?
“The issue is the opportunity costs of the election. The time it took, the energy it took, the focus it took, which could have been much better spent on, again, managing the pandemic, managing the crisis in Afghanistan, dealing with climate change. Not just necessarily paying for these things, but giving them the attention they needed. The Liberal Party thought they could win a majority and that’s why we had six weeks of this.”

Source 2: 'Waste of money': Canadians lament C$612 million election that changed little
"Waste of money" trended on social media as voters questioned the time and expense involved. Elections Canada, which runs the vote, projected that it cost C$110 million more than the 2019 election, which cost C$502 million.

Source 3:
Source 4:

Last edited:
Why is it not a waste to have an election a year later? That logic in and on itself can basically lead to an argument that no minority government should ever fall by the sitting PM dissolving parliament. It isn't how our system work - and the check against perceived over-reach is by the electorate. Need I remind you - Horgan (BC) was in fact *rewarded* with a majority by the public at the height of the pandemic.

AoD

Last edited:
If you are the finance minister why are you asking me questions about budgets?
Because I'd hope you'd be able to find your way to the fact that this money isn't taking away from families, small business, or homeless, as you've voiced concerns about.
However in reality I believe you're primarily pushing this narrative because the election didn't have the outcome you would have liked, and not out of concern for the aforementioned groups.

Last edited:

Back