News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.9K     2 

299 Queen Street West (Bell Media Studios)

Well, 86 John St was 10s/14 units. And judging by the complete inactivity on that thread since 2021, I imagine it’s been built and everyone loves it, so great things for this single parcel.

Well, 86 John St was 10s/14 units. And judging by the complete inactivity on that thread since 2021, I imagine it’s been built and everyone loves it, so great things for this single parcel.

I was thinking what someone like Oxford or Tridel could do.

Not that it would be impossible to build around, but wouldn’t Bell look to assemble the rest of the block anyhow?

I was thinking what someone like Oxford or Tridel could do.
On a very cursory overview, you may get 3 - 4 towers if you assembled the entire block (John - Duncan - Queen - Richmond). Towers in the 40s fronting onto Richmond and in the 20s fronting onto Queen.

With 4 towers you would land somewhere around:
- 1.3m SF of GCA
- 1.18m SF of GFA
- 1m SF of NSA

Let's assume about 100K SF of the podium will be non-residential - so call it 900K SF of residential NSA. With an average unit size of 625 SF, you'll get about 1,440 units.

This is all dependent on the (current/future) owners appetite, economic climate, constructability + heritage retention, city's receptiveness to such an idea, etc. Instead of 4 towers, what is also likely is a Bjarke-King/Queen-Ashbridge style development. Or perhaps towers along Richmond and a midrise form along Queen. This will likely result in a reduction in GFA and unit count.

Last edited:

Back