News   Jun 25, 2024
 536     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 485     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 476     0 

299 Queen Street West (Bell Media Studios)

My gist is more of a renovation expansion project. Bell Media will continue to anchor the site after completion. There's an actual chance condo towers would not be included and infill that doesn't rise above and over top of 299.

76 Adelaide is a different company under the BCE banner

My gist is more of a renovation expansion project. Bell Media will continue to anchor the site after completion. There's an actual chance condo towers would not be included and infill that doesn't rise above and over top of 299.

76 Adelaide is a different company under the BCE banner

Well, they put the Bell logo on it fwiw

image000001.jpeg

Previously, Bell's memos indicated that would return to the facility upon completion of whatever project was contemplated. I hope that is still the case.

Curious that they have a firm move out date given that we have yet to see an application into the AIC.

Even if pre-app has been close to finalized (and that seems unlikely as normally they would do a pre-app public meeting these days), it seems unlikely we'll see work done here this calendar year.

"The Residences at 299" has a good ring to it.

Still, seems like an odd move given the branding and reputation that comes with calling 299 Queen Street West home.

Last edited:
As usual I will piss off some people by saying that I see at least 60s here in either one or two towers. The only thing that I am unsure of is how the shadowing of the Grange may affect things. As far as form goes maybe something similar to the
Scotiabank Cinema proposal. And a space for OCAD or Northeastern. 😝

As usual I will piss off some people by saying that I see at least 60s here in either one or two towers. The only thing that I am unsure of is how the shadowing of the Grange may affect things. As far as form goes maybe something similar to the
Scotiabank Cinema proposal. And a space for OCAD or Northeastern. 😝
Any tower can go on the existing parking lot. The heritage building needs to be left alone.

And while I am at it they could glass over the courtyard and do a Berlin Sony Centre thing! Also does OCAD have a large performance theatre? And are they still looking to have a library? Imagine a joint city, provincial and federal effort to build a really great library like Ottawa is getting. Sigh! lol

Last edited:
Story from The Star:

Not much more info, but some............pointing to a different timeline on any potential development...

1718825357786.png

So we now understand that there will be an onsite presence of Bell (BNN) through at least Q3 2025.

Insufficient info to determine intent as to the other shows broadcast from this site, as well as the radio assets.

Back