News   Apr 18, 2024
 261     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 409     0 

2022 43rd Ontario general election (June 2, 2022)

If the left keeps eating it's own i fear another Doug Ford majority. Another four-year horror show of indolence and stupidity.
If you believe the polls, the PCs have a little more than a third of popular support, with the possibility of forming a majority government. I'm not sure what the concept of " left " means anymore other than in the black and white world of the Tories. They are defining a world that most people seem to abhor.

Ok.......is there a Full, Blue moon out tonight................?

Mainstreet has a riding poll for my riding that is just........well.........

From the above:

1653707491266.png

I don't remember the last time a conservative won this riding............it was decades ago......

I have to say, I'm not seeing this competitive race reflected in area signs..........lots of Lib/NDP but I haven't seen many PC signs....probably more Green ones......

Ok.......is there a Full, Blue moon out tonight................?

Mainstreet has a riding poll for my riding that is just........well.........

From the above:

View attachment 402918

I don't remember the last time a conservative won this riding............it was decades ago......

I have to say, I'm not seeing this competitive race reflected in area signs..........lots of Lib/NDP but I haven't seen many PC signs....probably more Green ones......

As I said I'm just as stunned as you. Scarborough Southwest is also looking like it will go PC for the first time in decades.

I hate to say it but we could be looking at a strong PC majority.

Walked down to the advance poll with the family today. Voted Liberal. I wish we had Australia’s ranked ballots.
I did the same, however my 40ish son and his wife who live in an eastern Ontario riding are so disappointed they said they aren't voting, ignoring my pleas to vote. I don't know how widespread the feeling is amongst this demographic, but if there are young people you know who are exhausted and want to be relieved of the politics, please let them know how important their vote is.

I did the same, however my 40ish son and his wife who live in an eastern Ontario riding are so disappointed they said they aren't voting, ignoring my pleas to vote. I don't know how widespread the feeling is amongst this demographic, but if there are young people you know who are exhausted and want to be relieved of the politics, please let them know how important their vote is.

I am 34 year old leftist voter and I am only voting because I hate Doug Ford.

I'm not enthused about the state of the left and if it was anyone but Doug Ford I wouldn't vote for them.

At one point I considered voting PC because at least Doug Ford has his s**t together. Andrea and Del Duca are not really appealing to me.

My wife and I marched our 20 and 18 y/o kids to the polling station to make sure we all vote, after making sure they‘d reviewed the positions/promises of each candidate and party. A bribery ice cream from Landsdowne Cone at the Paint Box helped too. Maybe that’s how Elections Canada should entice the young to participate.

EFC11729.jpeg

It‘s none of my business how they voted, but they did both walk in there chanting “anything but blue”.

Last edited:
As I said I'm just as stunned as you. Scarborough Southwest is also looking like it will go PC for the first time in decades.
Why are you surprised? I'm no fan of this government and thought their management of COVID was poor. But, by and large they reflect a large suburban consensus. And I see that with a lot of my acquaintances. I know a few NDP to PC voters this go too.

Whatever the reason the Liberals have come off as the party of "No'". This includes returning to normalcy after COVID.

Why are you surprised? I'm no fan of this government and thought their management of COVID was poor. But, by and large they reflect a large suburban consensus. And I see that with a lot of my acquaintances. I know a few NDP to PC voters this go too.

Whatever the reason the Liberals have come off as the party of "No'". This includes returning to normalcy after COVID.

I am surprised because it has only gone to the PCs provincially twice since 1963 between 1995 and 2003 under the Mike Harris government. Otherwise, both provincially and federally this riding has gone left quite definitively. Since 1988 this riding has gone left federally without question with Tom Wappel being in office for 20 years until his retirement in 2008.

Everytime this riding has gone PC the election has gone PC in a big way.

I'll put down my prognostications now:

PC: 78
LIB: 24
NDP: 21
GRN: 1

Anyone else want to go on record now?

Back