News   May 02, 2024
 136     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 404     0 

2019 Canadian Federal Election

Maybe Bernier, or his movement, will be vindicated.
Remember 3 years ago how opposed Liberals and Media were with Kellie Leitch's values test.
Now they have no problems at all with it because it's proposed by Quebec.
No idea is bad if it has the right spokesperson.
Who would have thought that groping and racism would become mainstream?

:rolleyes:

I know that Maxipad says that the PPC will continue to be a force, but I can't see them being on the ballot whenever we have the next election.

I know that Maxipad says that the PPC will continue to be a force, but I can't see them being on the ballot whenever we have the next election.

Clever. Maxipad.

?

Why is the Oakvillain being threatened with expulsion with genius shit like this being dropped.

Perhaps a genius Olympics is in order.

"Everyone is a Nazi"

It is a reference to one comment he made about feminine hygiene products being free at schools. He opposed the common sense idea for some reason.

Lenaitch,

You can watch the frontline show on AI for instance probably on pbs.org for starters. My basic point is that this is going to become a bigger and bigger issue with each Federal election, with each election anywhere from now on. There is a real hot war that has already begun it just isn’t taking place on the level of consciousness we are generally aware of (like bombs and guns etc.).

Like when you take a walk in the woods you enjoy a peaceful bucolic scene unaware of the struggle for survival going on around you and under the soil between groups of plants and fungi.

What all the data has to do with things is that companies and government have been developing data harvesting technologies but now AI has offered a way to interpret the data because patterns can be detected by the AI in novel ways humans cannot process.

For example social media has already figured out how to determine your sexual orientation because this is valuable information for advertisers. It can also triangulate around you even if you don’t use social media but people you know do. But AI is even better. It could determine your sexual orientation using street camera data or other indirect data. Just think of the lovely consequences of Chinese surveillance technology powered by facial recognition software and AI that is being sold to countries and implemented right now... where dictators rule and homosexuality is a crime.

These technologies are probably already impacting this discussion in the “nudge” sense as they can’t force us to be interested in something but our opinion is being “nudged” in a direction by algorithms feeding us not just advertising to go take our kids or niece to see Frozen II but also to read something about Trudeau or Scheer or Singh

Last edited:

Back