News   Jul 15, 2024
 435     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 545     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

2018 Ontario PC Leadership Race

Who do you think will win the PC leadership race (not who do you support)?

• Patrick Brown

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Christine Elliott

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Doug Ford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tanya Granic Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caroline Mulroney

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Added a poll to the top of this thread:

Based on what we’ve seen so far, who do you think will end up winning the PC leadership race? This isn’t who you support - who do you think will get the win. Vote away!

Curious. Wonder if any of the non-PC members of the provincial parliament of Ontario joined the PC party, to cast a "vote" for a PC leader?

:D
Not illegal but unethical and against the party rules. You need to declare you’re not a member of another provincial party.

Not illegal but unethical and against the party rules. You need to declare you’re not a member of another provincial party.

One needs to provide photo id, so I'm sure they'll verify that way.

However, politicians do switch political parties all the time. If a current MPP wants to switch parties "officially" rather than "unofficially", that shouldn't stop them.

Wonder if the leadership "losers" would want to switch parties? I'm sure there's one candidate, none of the other parties want.

https://www.thestar.com/news/insigh...ng-in-the-ontario-pc-race-should-we-care.html

But he doesn’t actually want Brown or any other Tory to take the premier’s seat in the June 7 general election. Best is trying to best the system — like a Trojan horse in the PC camp.

In fact, he is a Green party supporter.

Best explains he generally wants to see party leaders looking out for the earth. “It would be good for the environment and dealing with climate change if all three (major) parties were on board with carbon pricing,” he says. (The Ford flirtation reflected a different tactic: he figured a Ford-led party would lose the election, benefiting the Greens and other parties.)

“It costs $10 to vote,” he says. “I thought it was a pretty good deal.”

I don't know if 10$ to vote is a good deal. It's 10$ for endless emails that hurt the mind. Sounds like a bad deal.

Back