443     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 471     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 480     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

2010:

441C76E4-1760-4565-B36C-4F1A66D8F2B5_zpsqbs686yi.gif

Re: the map. Even though much of Scarborough & north Etobicoke went to Ford, it's worth keeping in mind that Tory was pretty close in some of those wards, and usually got a significant share.

Re: the map. Even though much of Scarborough & north Etobicoke went to Ford, it's worth keeping in mind that Tory was pretty close in some of those wards, and usually got a significant share.

Yeah, and driving around, you could see a LOT of Tory signs in those areas and less Ford signs than last time around. Maybe some people were too embarrassed to admit they were voting Ford. ;)

I kid though. I wouldn't let any candidate put their signs on my property. Personally I think it's tacky.

Wtf is a black neighbourhood? Did I wake up in 1930s Alabama?
No idea. I walk through Regent Park frequently. Less white perhaps - but I'd hardly have called it black. Watching who gets on the Dundas streetcar during rush-hour ... lots of white and other non-blacks.

No, 2014 Toronto. Regardless if you want to admit it or not, Toronto is not a perfectly multiculturally diverse city in all neighbourhoods.

But yeah, it may not be appropriate to label larger neighbourhoods like that since there is some mix.

Last edited:
That's a black issue. John Tory is seen as soft around those parts.

Seriously ? Soft on what / who ? What does this mean ? and yes what are "black" neighborhoods ; ) But I know what you are referring to, I guarantee you 'blacks' are likely still in the minority in the neighborhoods you cite, maybe "lower income" ? That may not even be good enough.

All the black neighborhoods went to ford sans Regen Park and Alexandria Park, but those wards are downtown.

You're probably right. The only thing I can think of is maybe Thorncliffe & Flemington Park, there's a significant black population there right? Although, that ward also contains one of the whitest areas, Leaside :)

This map shows the racial distribution in Toronto:
http://neoformix.com/Projects/DotMaps/TorontoVisMin.html

I know what you meant, really....I just don't jive with that sort of terminology. *shrug* I like to think I'm post-racial, given my upbringing.

I mean, I wouldn't refer to my neighbourhood as a "white neighbourhood", but rather an overpriced real estate neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Yeah, and driving around, you could see a LOT of Tory signs in those areas and less Ford signs than last time around. Maybe some people were too embarrassed to admit they were voting Ford. ;)

I kid though. I wouldn't let any candidate put their signs on my property. Personally I think it's tacky.

Didn't Ford call black people "the N word"? Wow, that is one forgiving group of people.

No idea. I walk through Regent Park frequently. Less white perhaps - but I'd hardly have called it black. Watching who gets on the Dundas streetcar during rush-hour ... lots of white and other non-blacks.

The population is changing, along with the buildings.

No, 2014 Toronto. Regardless if you want to admit it or not, Toronto is not a perfectly multiculturally diverse city in all neighbourhoods.

But yeah, it may not be appropriate to label larger neighbourhoods like that since there is some mix.

Overall it's multi cultural, but groups whether racial or cultural do tend to cluster in certain areas. You can't not see it. Go to Finch & Midland and there's tons of Chinese-Canadians. Go to Rosedale and it's almost all white. Bathurst between Eglinton & Lawrence have lots of Jewish people. Weston Rd has lots of African-Canadians. Other places tend to be English-speaking younger Canadians of all races.

I'm the only non-white person that I know of living on my street.

Back