News   Jul 04, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 806     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 631     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Article on Bazis Tower

“This is an extremely important project for this corner—the armpit of the city,â€Councillor Kyle Rae said. “Although it’s the busiest intersection in Toronto,it is also the most embarrassing.This will make it fabulous.†“This is exactly where this project belongs.â€

Kyle Rae does have a bit of a reputation for being over enthusiastic about mediocre projects in his ward. However, I'll wait to see if what we see so far is actually what we get.

My assessment of the tower as in the renderings so far: Meh. Could be better for the corner.

Ad in the real estate section of the Globe today states the Uptown is starting construction in May. The is going to be one dense corner.

It would never get built in London

I don't know, they we're going gaga over an HVE knock-off

I find architectural design in London/Paris has gone a little too far in emphasizes innovation. I would trade a Spire for half of their proposals. However they do come with pretty names under architect:

Ad in the real estate section of the Globe today states the Uptown is starting construction in May.

i saw that, along with the Blu ad. looks like they're both going to be starting this summer...balmuto is going to be a disaster.

It would seem smart to me that they build Blu and Uptown at the same time. Dig one large hole rather than two small ones.

I'm loving this. A second Media Square means Toronto is moving into the big leagues.

Tokyo is the only city I can think of with more than one. Is there another?

That'll be interesting to see how they work that out. If CrystalBlu starts before Uptown they'd need to plant shoring down the property line to allow for excavation, adding to the cost of building CrystalBlu, but reducing the cost of Uptown.

Really, the two buildings should be sharing a garage, just to ease traffic issues and to reduce the number of overhead doors on Balmuto, but I don't believe the city required anything like that

Anyone wanna guess when this project will be built?

My guess: 2020!

- few yrs for counsullors to approve
- few yrs for protests
- few yrs for redesign, re-submittion, re-approval
- few yrs to get all the finacials together
- many more yrs to build

yup, 2020!

Re: 1be

this is frickin awesome!cant wait for the press conference!
maybe mandarin oriental gets in as the hotel component.
i wonder the fate of 1 bloor west?

AWESOME

This is going to look awesome. It is not a bland box. It along with Four Seasons, and the umpteen other towers going up around there will look like something else!!!

1be

I'm very much surprised how awesome this bad boy looks. Very good. One of my fav towers around.

Re: 1be

Just checked the Bazis website... is it just me, or have the 1BE renderings been removed?

Bring on this beauty!

:eek WOW! I'm in love! This tower is amazing! Absolutely beautiful and I do not see how they could have done better for this corner. They're spot on with this gem! This is precisely the type of skyscraper Toronto and Bloor needs.......It's beautiful! Slick! Modern! I love the podium too. This is a perfect signature piece for Bloor! I would love for this building to be constructed and resemble this exact rendering. Very nice!

Re: Bring on this beauty!

I like this rendering too, there's no tall curvy highrise downtown. I always thought of Yonge & Bloor as being an important downtown intersection given two busy subway lines crossing, lots of shopping and 8 or 9 movie theatre complexes that used to be within a block or two. This corner began a steady decline in about the early 90's so I think it's exciting to see a grand proposal come to the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back