News   Jul 16, 2024
 421     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 517     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 643     2 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are 3 parked cars in the daytime photo vs. the 1 in the night time one.

I walked through that path leading to Yonge Street from Bloor subway this evening despite the sign onsite that read: "Emergency Exit Only, CONSTRUCTION UNDER WAY". Hmmm...little by little, we're getting an indication that something is about to begin.:cool:

Also, on wikipedia, there's nothing new; One Bloor East will rise with Sofitel on the lower floors.

What about to add floors?

Yeah but, I wouldn't count on it. It's much more likely something trivial (to us) such as an undersized parking spot, or a few extra square metres in floor area. Even additional floors within the approved building envelope is unlikely given the market out there.

Even additional floors within the approved building envelope is unlikely given the market out there.

What if you told some foreign investors that they would be buying into the tallest building in Canada, in one of the best intersections of Toronto at about 1/2 the price tag of other world citys, do you still think they would not bite.

What if you told some foreign investors that they would be buying into the tallest building in Canada, in one of the best intersections of Toronto at about 1/2 the price tag of other world citys, do you still think they would not bite.

Is that not what Bazis has already been doing the past two years? I think they may be a step ahead of you in terms of marketings strategies... that doesn't mean they are actually selling anything or that this project is any closer to moving ahead than it was six months ago.

Is that not what Bazis has already been doing the past two years? I think they may be a step ahead of you in terms of marketings strategies... that doesn't mean they are actually selling anything or that this project is any closer to moving ahead than it was six months ago.

Uh, i thought this building has pretty well been 95% sold for the past year. And i dont think that the moving ahead has had anything to do with sales.

Last edited:

You really think they have the money or will to now speculate in Toronto? If they didn't during the good times they certainly won't now.

Dunno, might they not wonder what even crazier bargains they could get in a less ostentatious and showy development? The mood seems to be restraint these days...

Uh, i thought this building has pretty well been 95% sold for the past year.

I just don't beleive it. Need proof.

Technically, nothing has been sold and it wouldn't surprise me if upwards of 10% bail on their deposits given the direction the market is going.

Uh, i thought this building has pretty well been 95% sold for the past year. And i dont think that the moving ahead has had anything to do with sales.

You are correct that moving ahead has little to do with sales, there are other unresolved issues there. They've sold well, but they are shy of the 95% figure that you're suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back