News   May 15, 2024
 149     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 299     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 838     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't the same idea at all. St Clair is more like the stops on College at Bay, Spadina and Bathurst. This platform was built to provide a direct link from streetcar to subway and you could only access the platform via the subway station.

Strange-- I had the weirdest dream last night and thought it was real when I woke up. In it, I saw a huge slope down towards the office building on the east end of this site and an excavator at the bottom and they were well into the excavation to begin construction on this project. Then I realized it was spring weather out, and then I realized it was just a dream. But it was a nice teaser.

Were a bunch of posts deleted from this thread?

I think the remotely s*xual jokes were deemed inappropriate. ;)

Anyways. Ahhh I hope this spring we see construction happening.

I cease to comment . . . :rolleyes:

(oh wait, my signature line gives away my thoughts on 1BE)

Bazis set March 15th as their own deadline. If the city doesn't give the ok, are we safe in assuming that the project doesn't move forward.

You would think with the deadline being 45 days away, the developer would invoke some confidence in this project by announcing something like the hotel, which was supposed to be done in November 2008.

If aLOFT has put their building on hold, I wouldn't be surprised if the unnamed hotelier has had second thoughts about it too !

Hotel brands are just franchises. You pay to use the copyright. Manga Hotels put the Aloft project on hold and, as far as I know, aren't part of the One Bloor development team.

What do they mean by 'the city giving it's ok'. Are they talking about receiving the shoring permit or something else.

Yeah, I guess, the city has yet to give the ok to the development at this point. With regards to the shoring and excavation permit. - If the city doesn't grant Bazis this, im not to certain how much longer they will wait.

Bazis gave March 15th as the deadline for their feasibilty analysis. - If the city doesn't grant them a permit at that point, we are likely safe to assume it is not to "feasible" that a building will be constructed at this corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back