News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 961     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 362     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Gold is the name of the developer, he married into the Bazis construction family and is leading this project. There were some serious behind the scenes issues that did threaten the viability of the project on a number of fronts. Strong sales don't necessarily mean a development will go forward even if all approvals are forthcoming (While the city is usually very slow, I believe Bazis will get all the necessary approvals to proceed) - details are murky, and I'm not going to post them.

If demolition is set to proceed that is hopefully a positive indicator that things will move forward without any major hic-ups - at least from a public perspective. The corner definitely needs something like this project, I just hope it doesn't stall and leave us with 10 years of hoarding like Yonge/Dundas... think positive.

Now opening a pool on what new name vultur/investor/caveatemptor will use when he re-signs up.

For myself -- he likes the letter 'v' and the ending syllable tur/tor, so I think he will go with 'investigator' or perhaps 'velociraptor'. Although I think that 'violator' or even 'vibrator' would be more appropriate.

edit -- damn, he reused his last screen name.

Hilarious!

I just hope it doesn't stall and leave us with 10 years of hoarding like Yonge/Dundas..

That's pretty much why I always thought that the tower will get approval after the hiccups are resolved. The last thing the city wants is a whole block of boarded up former businesses on the most famous street corner in Canada.

fencing is starting to go up.

If anyone sees advertising like this on the fencing/hoarding.... please do NOT tell me.

269_webwatch_img1_loreal.jpg

Can someone please get photos and the fencing going up? I live in Mississauga
now, so its a journey to get in Toronto. Anyone live in the area?

Can someone please get photos and the fencing going up? I live in Mississauga
now, so its a journey to get in Toronto. Anyone live in the area?

It's just a chain link fence blocking access to Roy's Square. It's not even worth taking a picture of it. And I have a bad feeling that this is the way it's going to remain for quite a while! :confused:

maverick, if you're vultur/investor/caveatemptor, I'm disappointed. Your screen name has a 'v', true, but there's no 'tor' or 'tur' at the end. I thought that 'investigator' would have been a perfectly fine choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back