News   Jul 16, 2024
 551     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

1 Bloor East (Bazis International) for Great Gulf see One Bloor - Real Estate -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Updates?

Been trying to find out what the status is on this building, I was originally planning to go down to the sales center out of curiosity, last posting on here, they still had units left but over a million!

Was searching on line and came across a realtor, Andrew Lafleur who said that units are still available and that several agents could not unload units were returning them. Does this mean demand was not as strong as stated or just that the prices were too high?

Can't see this being sold out, either way.

It's at least a year from construction (re-zoning application submitted last month) so whether it is sold out or not is a moot point

Well, looks like this project is proceeding to the next phase. You know what they say, it's good for Toronto!

Personally, I can't make any sense of the reported sales prices- $800 per square foot here or $700 per square foot at 100 Yorkville. Which sounds like a better deal to you guys?

Hmmmm........

$700 sounds better. But that's because I'm not rich.

BTW: goodlookin on SSP just informed me this rig looks like it has been set up to do soil samples....

So, no excavation anytime soon, no matter what we would like to believe.

I'd rather live at 1 Bloor E than 100 Yorkville! Why? Holt's is just across the new "scramble" intersection! In a race, who'd make it to Holt's first? 100 Yorkville or 1 Bloor residents? The loser gets to shop at Winner's....

I'd go out on a limb and say that 100 Yorkville is without question a more desirable location, objectivity speaking.

Is there a consensus?

@100 Yorkville you gotta put up with all the exhaust of Woodbridge and the bo-toxed set; @1 B E there's just cute secretaries walking by....:)

If you wanna live in "yorkville" you buy a house on Admiral Rd (a pity my parents sold their house there:(

That's the Annex chief.

I personally consider The Hazelton, 100 Yorkville, 10 Bellair, Windsor Arms, 1 St. Thomas, The Prince Arthur, 18 Yorkvile, all to be superior Borat's property. I would also argue that the Bedforth project is nicer as well. The streetscape on Yonge heading southbound is still very sketchy and has no indication of changing in the next 10 years.

Investor you gotta be kidding! 10 Bellair is garbage! It's a mix of Toronto grey with Toronto beige and has absolutely no architectural merit! The Hazelton and Windsor Arms are lumpy piles of precast and poorly chosen brick (orangy pink--ewwww!) while the other buildings you mention, with the exception of 18 Yorkville, are garbage! 1 B E is really about level with 10 Bellair from my POV but at 80 stories is just more visible. 1 St Tom's isn't in "my" Yorkville but is all right. 18 Yorkville and the 4 Seasons--only two condo's I'd consider.

And the Prince Arthur--what an embarrassing ripoff of a gorgeous building in Mtl!

yeah I was kidding about Admiral Rd being in Yorkville--however, the vibe of Yorkville is on the street--Hazelton Avenue. Anyway, I'm bored by Yorkville (there's a kinda third rate jean store there I poke about a few times each year--Over the Rainbow, there's that Quebec magazine shop that used to be cool (when it was at the Hazelton site), and a cookbook shop on Yonge St. That's it; the rest is rubbish!

Oh wait, Pusateri's has incredibly tasty take-out sandwiches.

Did I offend any conservative Toronto locals with that harsh analysis?

Sorry it's a slow day here @slab city.....

It's not nearly as sketchy as it used to be.

It's not nearly as sketchy as it used to be.

I agree with that statement. The BR has to be relocated (anyone else wish we had a red light district?) and we need to see some serious assemblies to get more 'scrapers lining the avenues like in Manhattan.

I think 1BE is a step in the right direction but I think the prices are not indicative of real demand in the area and will therefore collapse under of a flurry of speculators.

Investor you gotta be kidding! 10 Bellair is garbage! It's a mix of Toronto grey with Toronto beige and has absolutely no architectural merit! The Hazelton and Windsor Arms are lumpy piles of precast and poorly chosen brick (orangy pink--ewwww!) while the other buildings you mention, with the exception of 18 Yorkville, are garbage! 1 B E is really about level with 10 Bellair from my POV but at 80 stories is just more visible. 1 St Tom's isn't in "my" Yorkville but is all right. 18 Yorkville and the 4 Seasons--only two condo's I'd consider.

And the Prince Arthur--what an embarrassing ripoff of a gorgeous building in Mtl!

yeah I was kidding about Admiral Rd being in Yorkville--however, the vibe of Yorkville is on the street--Hazelton Avenue. Anyway, I'm bored by Yorkville (there's a kinda third rate jean store there I poke about a few times each year--Over the Rainbow, there's that Quebec magazine shop that used to be cool (when it was at the Hazelton site), and a cookbook shop on Yonge St. That's it; the rest is rubbish!

Oh wait, Pusateri's has incredibly tasty take-out sandwiches.

Did I offend any conservative Toronto locals with that harsh analysis?

Sorry it's a slow day here @slab city.....

Didn't mention the Four Seasons because it is so far away from completion that any comments are premature.

I think you are way off on 10 Belair. That's a wonderful mix-use project in a AAA location.

I agree Investor. At a certain point, I really don't care what the tower looks like. 10 Bellair has some of the best street level uses of any condo in the city. It should be a model to be emulated all around. The tower itself is no masterpiece, but it's as good as most of the other stuff going up. I can't think of a single condo that's gone up in Toronto in years that has any real architectural merit.

I'd go out on a limb and say that 100 Yorkville is without question a more desirable location, objectivity speaking.

Absolutely..at Bloor & Yonge you are still putting up with some of the 'riff-raff' of Yonge St, plus much more traffic noise & pollution...

One huge negative for Yorkville Ave between Yonge & Bay has to be the existence of the firehall there....this has to affect the residents of 18 Yorkville and will affect the residents of the Four Seasons....100 Yorkville should be o.k...

I agree Investor. At a certain point, I really don't care what the tower looks like. 10 Bellair has some of the best street level uses of any condo in the city. It should be a model to be emulated all around. The tower itself is no masterpiece, but it's as good as most of the other stuff going up. I can't think of a single condo that's gone up in Toronto in years that has any real architectural merit.

I personally think that Context's project in High Park is visually stunning from the back. I'm not an architect but it must have had a high level of design in order to achieve that true tucked into a hill appearance.

It's nothing spectacular to behold from Bloor Street though.

I also like the renderings on the X condo. I love that ode to mies van der rough. The location is definitely a challenge though. Quite honestly I prefer it to Y + B due to its proximity to the ravine and easy access to Mount Pleasant, but on the surface it has some area gentrification to overcome.

So many projects in the GTA look either like Vegas-style imitations of NY or Chicago landmarks.

Anyone go visit the sales center this weekend for an update? If it weren't for the snowstorm I would have gone and checked it out. Are we all sold out? Prices?

Last I heard it was 80%-85% sold with only some of the larger units left. The 1bdrms and other smaller units went very quickly.

Last I heard it was 80%-85% sold with only some of the larger units left.

...until the mysterious "PHASE II NEW RELEASE!" magically appears next month! Basically the strategy is to sell out one floor at a time and create a sense of urgency to buy. Not a new concept in condo marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back