1 Bloor East (Bazis International) for Great Gulf see One Bloor - Real Estate -

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gtacondos

23934_2.jpg

1 BLOOR - THE PLACE TO BE...
Residential, Hotel and Retail​

This one-acre property at the corner of Yonge and Bloor will become the number one residential, retail and hotel address in Canada. One of the tallest buildings in Toronto, 1 Bloor will reach almost 80 storeys in height. With spectacular views of the City and the lake, 1 Bloor will become a stunningly elegant new corner of Toronto's version of fifth avenue.

THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE VIP EVENT.
Pick your unit BEFORE the Broker Preview Sale. For further information and to be added to the registration list, send a private post.

You don't want to miss this opportunity!

About the project...
Bazis International's dramatic new 1 Bloor project in Toronto, Canada, is poised to change the way we think about condominiums. Not only will it rise far above the busiest street corner in Canada, but its very design is creating new, distinctive architectural forms.

"I can say with great confidence that there is nothing else like it in Canada, perhaps even the world," says Roy Varacalli, director of design and construction for Bazis International, the Canadian arm of Kazakhstan-based Bazis. "We have created something unique. In fact there just aren't architectural terms to describe some of the innovations we are introducing."

Among them is Mr. Varacalli's personal favourite. This stunning 80-storey spire, which will rise from the south east corner of Yonge and Bloor streets in Toronto, Canada's largest city and its financial and cultural heart, will not just offer residents large balconies. It will have balconies off every room.

"Torontonians love outdoor living and entertaining," says the celebrated architect. "Our Canadian winters seem so long that we want to pack in as much time in the sun and warm breezes as we possibly can.

"That is why we decided to do something that represents a distinct departure in design. We would not only put large balconies off every room in every suite but we would make some of those a form of the Thai lanais, an outdoor space that could be partly enclosed in cool or windy weather.

"These lanais are not just summer spaces; slide the glass panels closed and you can still enjoy them in early spring and well into the fall."

Mr. Varacalli also dealt with the problem of balconies appearing as concrete protrusions, slabs that stick out from an otherwise smooth and elegant facade. 1 Bloor is, in simple terms, a tower within a tower.

Outside the bearing walls, he has fashioned a sleeve of etched and clear glass joined by sparkling aluminum members. That sleeve encases the balconies and lanais. The effect promises to be spectacular.

"What it does is give the tower an ever changing face," he says. The exterior changes like pixels on a television screen. On windy days when residents want to enjoy their lanais they will slide the etched glass panels across parts of the balcony to block the winds. The facade will look completely different from warm sunny days when those panels are slid back to allow maximum exposure to the sun and breezes.

"This innovation is so new and so dramatic that there isn't a word or phrase to describe it in the architect's lexicon," he says.

Mr. Varacalli's approach to outdoor living is just one of the striking innovations offered at 1 Bloor. This is a project that demands superlatives. It will be both Canada's tallest residential structure and the heart of its retail trade. Yonge and Bloor has long been considered the city's commercial epicenter and is the busiest intersection in Canada.

1 Bloor starts with a four-level podium, which will occupy the entire site, stretching along the south side of Yonge Street east to the existing office tower at 33 Bloor East and south to Hayden Street. That podium will be given over to retail space and will be home to flagship stores of major Canadian, North American and international retail chains.

The top level is dedicated to the amenities, which will be shared by a new hotel and the residents of the tower. In addition halfway up the tower will be a double-height floor dedicated to amenities for residents only.

The podium's roof will be a kind of natural urban/suburban wonderland with a pool, lounging area, manicured gardens and even its own beach, high above the bustle of Yonge and Bloor.

The first six floors of the slim, elegant glass and aluminum tower will be occupied by a world-class five-star hotel and its 132 guest rooms and suites. The remainder of 1 Bloor's new tower will be devoted to 564 residential units ranging from 585-square-foot, one-bedroom suites to a magnificent 5,000-square-foot penthouse on the very top floor.

Prices will start in the $300,000 range, Mr. Varacalli says.

Bazis International, during the past 25 years, has gone from a small local developer in the newly independent Republic of Kazakhstan to a global company with 13,000 employees operating in 12 cities in five countries. Its signature projects are impressive, stunningly designed mixed use properties, often nearing 1 million square feet of space.

1 Bloor is the Canadian affiliate's second unique project. The first was the Crystal Blu condominium on nearby Balmuto Street. Its suites were distinguished by their 10-foot ceiling heights and focus on luxury finishes and fixtures.

13,000 employees worldwide yet operating out of the back of a warehouse in Concord...hardly the overhead one would expect from an organization with the outrageously embellished track record that they claim.

These guys are long on hyperbole, and short on credibility in my opinion. Something smells very strange about them. On the main page of their corporate website, with photos of supposedly projects from 'all over the world' is a link to their TORONTO CONDOS? With all their renderings are there any actual buildings outside of Kazakhstan?

Label me a skeptic. I've been called worse.

So Bazis is currently building - or proposing - Crystal Blu, 1 Bloor East, and those 3 strange Emerald Something towers around Yonge & Sheppard? I'd say they'd have a modicum of credibility if they can pull them all off. It is funny how 'international' to them means Astana, Novosibirsk, and Toronto...I've never met or heard of a Kazakh in Toronto, but there must be a few, otherwise why would Bazis be building here?

We know that the Blu is under construction and that they seemingly bought the YB site for a ridiculous price. Whether they can pull it off remains to be seem.

BTW, anyone who refers to their megaproject at the crossway of arguably Toronto's most recognizable address as 'The Place to Be' either has no f**king clue about marketing or watches too much Seinfeld. Again, something smells very funny about this group and their Boratesque approach to a very serious business.

It is funny how 'international' to them means Astana, Novosibirsk, and Toronto...I've never met or heard of a Kazakh in Toronto, but there must be a few, otherwise why would Bazis be building here?

This is merely an opinion, but it appears that ill-gotten offshore funds can flow through our loonie nation with significantly less scrutiny than other Western World jurisdictions....

Their funds may or may not be "ill-gotten". Many enterprises in that part of the world do not run according to standards accepted here. I'm not sure to what extent anyone in Canada can check that, or what should be done about it in any case.

The company does not have a long track record in Canada, but until I see definite signs of problems I'd be willing to give them the beneift of the doubt. Their project on Balmuto Street ("Blu") seems to have been marketed very successfully and is now under construction. 1 Bloor East is obviously a whole order of magnitude greater, but they managed to put together the financing to pay for the site, with some of said financing apparently provided by one of the world's largest and most sophisticated banks.

Not to say that there is no execution risk here, but I think this project will prove to be, if anything, one of the safest in the current Toronto market, which I still think is a safe market overall.

...but they managed to put together the financing to pay for the site, with some of said financing apparently provided by one of the world's largest and most sophisticated banks.

If you 'came into' a substantial amount of money wouldn't you want to park it somewhere relatively safe, say in a prime piece of real estate?

Just saying...

Their funds may or may not be "ill-gotten". Many enterprises in that part of the world do not run according to standards accepted here. I'm not sure to what extent anyone in Canada can check that, or what should be done about it in any case.

In the United States there are certain hurdles to clear. Up here the air is different. Just ask your local terrorist cell.

Is Borat going to be there himself or his going to send his overweight friend with the videocamera?

'BYE' Rosie!

Seriously though, this project really looks like a complete joke. Everything about smacks of amateur hour from the fromage marketing to the bombastic proclamations of supremacy over in the mother(goose)land.

Am I the only naysayer here that believes that this group are a bunch of phonies?

vultur: As to the phonies remark, I'd differ on that. This group also built the Crystal Blu condos at Bloor. I havent seen the building myself, but it seems impressive.

As for this type of project, take a look at KLCC, Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Its at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers. While this is slightly different, its not too far off.
Now for the "group of phonies", http://www.bazisinternational.com/flash/main.html
If you click "Global", and then "Yesterday", you'll see some of their past projects. I'd say some of those are more impressive than some you'll see from Daniels or other local developers. Some of their developments I like are the Triumph of Astana, Kazmunaigas, Star Of The East, and the Emerald Tower. Of course I add One Bloor to that list.

That all being said, if anybody would like to purchase a unit at One Bloor, feel free to send me a PM for details. VIP Preview is just over one week away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back