King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

occupancy dates king east

is it a requirement to have permanant balcony railings before occupancy? i have young kids and the temporary ones are completely unsafe.my date has moved on 6th fl unit from oct 12 to oct 15 because of the hydro issue yet there still appears to be a lot of work to be done in less than a month.

Last edited:
is it a requirement to have permanant balcony railings before occupancy? i have young kids and the temporary ones are completely unsafe.my date has moved on 6th fl unit from oct 12 to oct 15 because of the hydro issue yet there still appears to be a lot of work to be done in less than a month.

The people at Parc Lofts moved in without balconies. Not saying I agree with it, but it's possible that you'll move in without access to the balcony.

My occupancy date got moved to the 15th. With all these people with the same occupancy dates, booking the elevator should be interesting.

occupancy dates

the elevator situation is going to be horrible for at least a month i think..........i check with the construction supervisor in white helmet every month and he always told me late oct was his goal to complete but changes by the developer have made life tough for him.....based on parc i think it was 90 days from the crane coming down to occupy.the king east is against the wall now for fines if they delay yet again and with young kids the halls lobby parking lot balcones could be an issue with me,truly annoying
My occupancy date got moved to the 15th. With all these people with the same occupancy dates, booking the elevator should be interesting.[/QUOTE]

People on the 3rd,4th,5th and 6th floors all have the same occupancy date. I've never seen that before. But according to cbe14 it makes a lot of sense if the developer can't delay any longer without having to shell out $$$. So I guess we can expect some really rushed work. That said, Parc turned out quite nice so hopefully the same can be said for KingEast.

One last tidbit. PDI's won't start until October.

occupany

People on the 3rd,4th,5th and 6th floors all have the same occupancy date. I've never seen that before. But according to cbe14 it makes a lot of sense if the developer can't delay any longer without having to shell out $$$. So I guess we can expect some really rushed work. That said, Parc turned out quite nice so hopefully the same can be said for KingEast.

i saw the balcony guys at work today

I moved in to Flatiron Lofts in July and from my experience here is what to expect:

- The finishes are really good but the workmanship is not the greatest. They come and slowly fix stuff but it's a very slow process.
- They move people into construction zone type of scenario where units have lots of stuff unfinished (but finished enough to get an occupancy permit) and come fix those issues slowly.
- The hallways/lobby are still not even half finished here.

Overall, I'm happy with the product, but don't expect to move into a finished unit/building.

occupancy

I moved in to Flatiron Lofts in July and from my experience here is what to expect:

- The finishes are really good but the workmanship is not the greatest. They come and slowly fix stuff but it's a very slow process.
- They move people into construction zone type of scenario where units have lots of stuff unfinished (but finished enough to get an occupancy permit) and come fix those issues slowly.
- The hallways/lobby are still not even half finished here.

Overall, I'm happy with the product, but don't expect to move into a finished unit/building.

when do you think flat iron will be registered?2 wweks till the king east is occupied and the place from outside and through windows looks pretty awful.......i think this is 6th condo ive done this with in and over the years and this is the worst transaction and timeline and biggest investment of them all .there is no truth from lamb thats for sure but the construction supervisor is a different story.the finishings are done in a rush and it will show and the bucket list will be long i am sure.its a great location great suite good price and we will all make money if and when we ever sell but i am pretty sure this is my last foray with condos but not the real estate market

when do you think flat iron will be registered?2 wweks till the king east is occupied and the place from outside and through windows looks pretty awful.......i think this is 6th condo ive done this with in and over the years and this is the worst transaction and timeline and biggest investment of them all .there is no truth from lamb thats for sure but the construction supervisor is a different story.the finishings are done in a rush and it will show and the bucket list will be long i am sure.its a great location great suite good price and we will all make money if and when we ever sell but i am pretty sure this is my last foray with condos but not the real estate market

They asked for 12 cheques and judging by the state of the building it probably won't happen this year (but who knows really). I ve spoken to one of the construction managers here and he said it's not their fault that the units are so rushed. He said they are given unrealistic deadlines and that's it. From what I hear it's the same story at the ninety.

They asked for 12 cheques and judging by the state of the building it probably won't happen this year (but who knows really). I ve spoken to one of the construction managers here and he said it's not their fault that the units are so rushed. He said they are given unrealistic deadlines and that's it. From what I hear it's the same story at the ninety.

Unrealistic deadlines are pretty normal with most projects. After living through 3 new condos...I think I'm done buying new construction. Not necessarily anything to do with this project...but I just dislike the entire process.

the king east

Unrealistic deadlines are pretty normal with most projects. After living through 3 new condos...I think I'm done buying new construction. Not necessarily anything to do with this project...but I just dislike the entire process.

so i go over from lamb.t the call today re who am i using for a lawyer.docs are on the way frt 2 with a om lamb....looked at the building today lots of work going on but it is oct 2 and they don't appear to work weekends or long weekends so still looks possible but probable? for oct 15 occupancy.lots of balcony glass in nowand there is a new sign saying they have 3 fully made up suites for sale like a 2 bdrm for 533k too cheap in my opinion.......sorry just a rant as the whole process has been so delayed so full of shit from lamb so longggggggggg i am tired of it yet still have to occupy then pay for it on registration and wait at least a yr if i want to sell or not.btw i saw on kijijji canada an apt at the king east for rent

They're deff rushing. The elevators aren't working yet and there's still a lot of construction going on so those going for their PDI's have to wear boots and a hardhat. Apparently the suites look good so maybe there's some hope after all.

So PDIs are happening? We're targeting The King East as a place to rent and trying to pin down the timing on when units will end up on the rental listings.

Back