King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

I had my PDI this past weekend (4th floor) and like others have said the common areas are still a construction zone. 1st floor, lobby area, hallways, doors, elevators are all not complete and not very close to be finished from what I can tell. Also experienced some conflicting information at the end of my PDI where I thought I would be receiving a package covering off what to do on the day of occupancy and booking the service/moving elevator, etc. I only received my Tarion home warranty package, but nothing regarding what to do on occupancy. The person conducting the PDI didn't know anything and said to contact Lamb. Called Lamb this morning and they were surprised this information wasn't provided and said someone will call me back today. Was anyone provided with an info package/instructions for day of occupancy? If so what information/direction was provided?

Other than the above, the unit itself was in good shape and there weren't many items on my list to get fixed. Overall I was pleased with the state of my unit. I also inquired with Lamb about available parking spaces for purchase but was told there were none available at the moment. If anyone is interested in renting their parking space please private message me and we can work out the details.

Did you get the missing info?

I heard elevators can't be booked yet because they don't know when the elevators will be ready. I think they're supposed to be installed this week.

Funny thing is that BJL didn't update my contact info even though I have corrected it 3 times, so I was missed in the email fiasco that was PDI announcement.

Just went by the building snapped a few photos and I could see that first 7 floors all look very finished. I mean you can see that everything looks installed and they had people cleaning up windows. That was on east and south sides of the building. Upper floors for example 11-14 look untouched so with PDI being scheduled for 15th of October or later I don't see what is there to be inspected?

Any chance you can post the pics? I'm out of town and haven't seen the progress of late.

Thanks!

Yea.. the units on the first few floors are pretty much ready. PDI's have already started. Not sure when mine is but I'm assuming it'll be this week.

It was just a few pics of my condo unit from the street. I'll go tomorrow with real camera and take pics at lunch and upload after work.

I had my PDI this past weekend (4th floor) and like others have said the common areas are still a construction zone. 1st floor, lobby area, hallways, doors, elevators are all not complete and not very close to be finished from what I can tell. Also experienced some conflicting information at the end of my PDI where I thought I would be receiving a package covering off what to do on the day of occupancy and booking the service/moving elevator, etc. I only received my Tarion home warranty package, but nothing regarding what to do on occupancy. The person conducting the PDI didn't know anything and said to contact Lamb. Called Lamb this morning and they were surprised this information wasn't provided and said someone will call me back today. Was anyone provided with an info package/instructions for day of occupancy? If so what information/direction was provided?

Other than the above, the unit itself was in good shape and there weren't many items on my list to get fixed. Overall I was pleased with the state of my unit. I also inquired with Lamb about available parking spaces for purchase but was told there were none available at the moment. If anyone is interested in renting their parking space please private message me and we can work out the details.

Looks like we'll be floormates. Our PDI is this Saturday (after we declined doing the PDI last week because the unit was unfinished). I've been told that our unit is complete.

@cono_sur ;)

I finally got in contact with Lamb and was told that the PDI folks were supposed to have provided a hard copy Welcome Package (40+ page document) and going forward they will ensure it provided at future PDIs. They've e-mailed me a soft copy and I'm told it includes all the general info, home care, emergency contacts, warranties, etc. I haven't had a chance to read through it all yet.

occupancy

So Occupancy is on Thursday and still no PDI date. My frustration is building.

i am on 6th floor awaiting next thursday for occupancy yet have no confirmed PDI date or time.i call george daily but have no reply.i was at the building today looking,talking to workman and they said there is no elevator inside functioning as of yet so possibly that is slowing PDI scheduling?my balcony is not installed yet and there is no lobby finished yet........lots of work though going on .....

the king east occupancy

So Occupancy is on Thursday and still no PDI date. My frustration is building.

today my lawyer received the occupanncy statements and documentations to be signed with cheques etc.......will go in next wed to sign.still no confirmed PDI date or time though, very frustrating

today my lawyer received the occupanncy statements and documentations to be signed with cheques etc.......will go in next wed to sign.still no confirmed PDI date or time though, very frustrating

You may sign before even doing your PDI. I don't think I've ever seen that before. I'm in the same boat, though. Occupancy on Thurs, no PDI date. It would make more sense to just push the occupancy date back... Paying phantom rent for a place I don't live in just doesn't sit right with me.

occupancy

You may sign before even doing your PDI. I don't think I've ever seen that before. I'm in the same boat, though. Occupancy on Thurs, no PDI date. It would make more sense to just push the occupancy date back... Paying phantom rent for a place I don't live in just doesn't sit right with me.

i could sign but i will not sign occupancy papers till i have PDI!i talked to george friday pm and he flat out told me my unit is not finished! also i have 2 young kids and he told me that the place isnt safe for kids yet either.i will be talking to him on monday again.

i could sign but i will not sign occupancy papers till i have PDI!i talked to george friday pm and he flat out told me my unit is not finished! also i have 2 young kids and he told me that the place isnt safe for kids yet either.i will be talking to him on monday again.

My lawyer contacted me about occupancy as well by there's no way I'm signing papers and handing over cheques before seeing my unit. Not happening. I'll give George a call tomorrow. This week will also be difficult for me to get out of work on such short notice for a PDI too.

I might talk to Mr Lamb myself.

occupancy

My lawyer contacted me about occupancy as well by there's no way I'm signing papers and handing over cheques before seeing my unit. Not happening. I'll give George a call tomorrow. This week will also be difficult for me to get out of work on such short notice for a PDI too.

I might talk to Mr Lamb myself.

did you get a PDI appt? did anybody get an appt today? i did not,awaiting a call from george as we speak to find out if my unit is ready to inspect it was not on saturday ready..still no elevator in the building or wasnt as of mon morning

Back