Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Looks like a fun gathering over tea and crumpets- all the power to them. I'm not sure how much validity to their arguements there is, but it would be prudent ensure that the infrastructure can handle the extra people- more car traffic would be a concern. Disagree with this one though- "limit the vibrant life on the Waterfront". Seriously?

That photo is too hilarious. It looks like any neigbourhood association in Victoria, BC or anywhere in Scotland. Anyway, they won't need to worry about gridlock too much longer.

I'm surprised they haven't mentioned the canyon wind tunnel study as well. The way Cityplace is built, during windy days, it really gets windy and difficult to walk. There's also the need for wider sidewalks if there's so many people around the area. Maybe even road closures if there's events.

Won't it also ruin their view of the expressway?

I love how CBC will rush to cover any local news provided a) someone phones them and gives them the idea and, b) it's within a 5 minute drive of their broadcast centre.

It's a shame to see this devolve into an excuse to insult older people. It doesn't really matter what their age is, they are entitled to their self-interest. We just shouldn't expect our city leaders and planners etc to pander to it, is all.

The minority group that claims that the view of the CN tower will be blocked should have there points proven before they their say over the future of the city. otherwise anyone can make false claims and have the ability to change the city skyline. The city should only take factual information and have vote in the neighborhood based only on the factual info. :cool:

I don't mind if my view of the CN Tower gets blocked, as long as its blocked by something more appealing

Back