Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Maybe it was a reference to a "narrow waist", which is one of the reasons the Absolute tower got its Marilyn nickname.

off topic i always thought sapphire tower should have gone here but bulkier and taller and an angle cut at the top still holding that ball.

And perhaps different cladding, colour, and overall design - nixing the ball. But still called Sapphire or not.

via Councillor Vaughan:

Meeting about proposed development at 120-130 Harbour Street (10 York Street)

Date: Wednesday September 12, 2012
Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm

Join Councillor Vaughan and City Planning staff to hear about changes to the proposed development at 120-130 Harbour Street (also known as 10 York St) and provide your feedback.

This may sound cynical but what do you guys think the chances are of this actually getting built percentage-wise? I mean yes the city will likely approve it but with sales declining and the global economy starting to lose steam and so many other projects going on already I'm starting to think the mega projects like ten york, 50 bloor, and others will have huge difficulty selling units.

This may sound cynical but what do you guys think the chances are of this actually getting built percentage-wise? I mean yes the city will likely approve it but with sales declining and the global economy starting to lose steam and so many other projects going on already I'm starting to think the mega projects like ten york, 50 bloor, and others will have huge difficulty selling units.

Global economy starting to lose steam? It started long ago.

Its been in the gutter for the last half decade. But the condo market is only starting to slip now. Mind you its currently only dropped back to 2010's sale levels, but I too am concerned about this project as Harbor Residences might suck up all the demand for this area, despite Tridel's good reputation.

Don't know if this render has been posted, but yeah, this is what I got after doing a recent survey for ten york. looks like its not a rectangular block anymore

graphicphp.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

graphicphp.jpg

Last edited:
I have a photo from Stockholm of a new building on the river that would be better than than the current design to use for this project and will posted once I get to it to fix it.

If this is the current design, a lot better for the base. Let see what they had done for parking now.

Other than the parking entrances taking up a significant part of the corner, which is probably not an issue given that the Gardiner current blocks those views, this tower looks promising.

Here's hoping that we get a decent roof element!

via Councillor Vaughan:

Meeting about proposed development at 120-130 Harbour Street (10 York Street)

Date: Wednesday September 12, 2012
Time: 7:00 - 8:30pm

Join Councillor Vaughan and City Planning staff to hear about changes to the proposed development at 120-130 Harbour Street (also known as 10 York St) and provide your feedback.

I guess the downtown folks aren't too happy and wont go down without a fight:eek:

Monster condos threaten Queens Quay
Public meeting you must attend

Two massive proposals for 70+ storey towers on Toronto's Central Waterfront threaten this iconic recreational area: Tridel's 75-storey tower at 10 York Street and Menkes' Harbour Plaza across the street at 90 Harbour Street with two 70-storey towers and an office building. Both would be twice the height of buildings along Queens Quay and more than three times the zoning allowance. Traffic is already at gridlock in this area, the most densely populated in Toronto.

Hear the opinions of people who live and work on the Waterfront. This promises to be a very lively meeting:

A public meeting viewing new plans for Tridel’s 75-storey tower at 10 York St.

Wednesday Sep. 12, from 7 to 8:30pm Metro Hall, 55 John St., Room 308/309
(south of King St.)

BUILDING without a WATERFRONT PLAN will
• cause serious traffic congestion
• stress infrastructure, transit and public spaces
• limit the vibrant life on the Waterfront

The community asks for a freeze on all over-sized developments until studies show how roads, transit, Hydro, water and sewage, police, ambulance and fire
protection, pedestrian safety and public amenities fit into a complete URBAN PLAN FOR THE WATERFRONT. (info@YQNA.ca /416. 867.6200)

Your opinion is important!

• Be ready to tell what you think about oversized buildings
• Join other residents and councillors, planners, traffic experts, developers and media
http://www.thebulletin.ca/cbulletin/content.jsp?ctid=1000136&cnid=1003115

Back