News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 749     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall from the discussion in another thread, Apple is generally looking for some prime retail in Yorkville... but I didnt know that they had specifically targeted 1 Bloor... should be interesting if it turns out.

Message from FABOLOUS on Skyscrapercity

""OMGOSH HEY GUYS I EMAILED ONE BLOOR AND THEY ACTUALLY REPLIED TO ME BACK OMGOSH SO GOODBYE TO RUMOURS!!!

"Hi Savith,

The project is definitely going ahead as we are over 85% sold. The delay is due to the city delay in beautifying Bloor St. We need to close down part of Bloor/Yonge. As you can appreciate there’s only one lane each on Bloor right now.

If you have any further inquiries then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

May Sheardown

Sales Representative

1 Bloor
33 Bloor St East
Suite G2A
Toronto, Ontario
M4W 3H1
(T) 416 968-6111
(F) 416 968-5997"""

That might be partialy correct, but from what I here they might be just waiting out and see if prices for construction come down even more. As I remember they said the project is $450m if they can save 10%-15% on their cost that huge money they are making. Sell at the top of the market, build when cost are low, sell the rest in 4 year when a prices start to come up again.

That might be partialy correct, but from what I here they might be just waiting out and see if prices for construction come down even more. As I remember they said the project is $450m if they can save 10%-15% on their cost that huge money they are making. Sell at the top of the market, build when cost are low, sell the rest in 4 year when a prices start to come up again.

I would assume that a 450 million dollar contract at this time is already in place with the builder,Just cause the economy is in a spin does not guarantee construction costs coming down.

Sell at the top of the market, build when cost are low, sell the rest in 4 year when a prices start to come up again.

In a perfect developers world.

From what I understand they are just starting to put together their tender packages. On the building this size and so complicated and with TTC next door, it takes at least a year to finish it all. They got lucky on timing with trades. From what I was told, till they get everything the way they want they want start.

thanks for locating that info CEBTO !

just keep in mind May Sheardown is an agent from Baker Real Estate acting on behalf of Bazis for 1 Bloor, she is the same person I spoke to at Emerald Park whom would say anything to make a project seem appealing ... including telling me Emerald Park has development approvals as-of-right, although a rezoning/OPA application was being submitted to the City ... May is great if she is working FOR you, but I'll be cautious taking her words when she's on the other side of the table

just my thoughts ~

It wouldn't be the first store in this location to make reference to 5th Avenue:

ser381_s0381_fl0308_id12103-26.jpg

(courtesy of Mustapha.)

That was post Yonge Subway, pre Bloor Subway, as the platforms you see allow transfers between the streetcar and the subway (something we need at all of our downtown streetcar stops today)

It's the same idea as the right-of-way stops that they have installed along St. Clair. While I like the sleek look of the new St. Clair stops (and the cool way that the name of each stop is so prominently displayed, like a real railway), the old ones in the photograph look like they'd offer much more protection against the elements.

This is far, far from the 1 Bloor East topic. Sorry, I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back