News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 573     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear there are people at home trying to figure out what is the next bullshit rumour that they can throw in to this thread of 1BE
UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE
The unfounded rumours not only seem to be non-stop, but they are getting wilder all the time. A newbie reading this thread would have a hard time taking it seriously now.

I know this will likely have no effect, but could people nottrip over themselves rushing to post every wild story they hear? Of course there is some place on this forum for speculation, but it should be responsible speculation. If you have a rumour, does it sound at least a teensy little bit credible, and does it come from a credible source?

Inside info?

I spoke to an insider, a parent of one of Bazis' owners
I was told it is a go
Just BS in the marketplace about it being cancelled

In the meantime, I noticed today that thanks to the vacant lot, Focaccia restaurant on Hayden is practically advertising itself to Hudson's Bay Centre passerby

First hand info!

I spoke with the milkman who slept with the mother of a woman whose son's friend once considered visiting the 1BE sales centre. Apparently, it's a go.

I spoke to an insider, a parent of one of Bazis' owners

That's cool. Did he mentioned anything about when the more than two dozen stalled towers in Almaty and Astana (including Roy Varacalli's Emerald Towers) will get going again? I'm worried about any lawsuits from disgruntled "investors" that could push this company over the brink and into financial ruin. The recent sub-prime crisis certainly isn't helping their pre-existing boondoggle either.

Sorry but, as long as Bazis is in charge, this project will remain a huge question mark until the day the condo is registered. Peregrine Hunter, anyone? They were still selling the few remaining units on four virtually sold out towers the day before they went bust.

Last edited:
The 80 story snowman wasn't canceled. It was melted by the rain and turned into fog. That's why Toronto was so foggy.

snowman1.gif

RE: I spoke to an insider

OK OK
I did have the chat but until it really starts or Frosty the 80ft snowman walks to the sales office....

The more I think of it, the more I highly doubt there will be no construction at all on this site. We know that the retail spaces are being, and have been, leased. We also know that there are five levels of underground parking proposed. If I was sitting on land valued like this, I would bite the bullet and at the very least get the parking and retail done while sorting out the whole high-rise financing mess (if there is one).

The more I think of it, the more I highly doubt there will be no construction at all on this site. We know that the retail spaces are being, and have been, leased. We also know that there are five levels of underground parking proposed. If I was sitting on land valued like this, I would bite the bullet and at the very least get the parking and retail done while sorting out the whole high-rise financing mess (if there is one).

The permits they applied for are for PHASE 1 so I bet you are right and that Phase 2 (the tower) will not happen for a while longer. "Description: Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back