News   May 15, 2024
 113     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 530     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 2.8K     2 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Mussels are sort of "farm to table" because they're shipped alive. And it's a highly sustainable crop.

I suspect the charcuterie type stuff is the best part of the menu.

For a restaurant to be 100% farm-to-table they should look at "Dreyfus", "Ten", "Actinolite" & "Mhel" where the menu changes by the week or even by the day.

Given the ethos of the restaurant, they should be selling stuff by seasonality. That is just my opinion of course.

Kinton Ramen is opening at the Globe and Mail Centre on King St East.

IMG_0053.jpg

Based on the description I assume this is in the old Duke space on the north side of FCP,

It is going in the former Duke of Westminster space.

but I walked by the other day and didn't notice any signs of construction.

They only applied for the permit 2 weeks ago, its not issued, needless to say, so no work underway for a good reason!
1694533356296.png

Pho, Pizza, Grilled Cheese.

What a bizarre combo.

It is going in the former Duke of Westminster space.

They only applied for the permit 2 weeks ago, its not issued, needless to say, so no work underway for a good reason!
View attachment 505845

What a bizarre combo.

I laughed when I saw this...

"Rev 01 - Changes to MEP for Pizza Oven," 🤣 🤣

They don't have the menu posted on the website but here is what I found via Vancouver's Sing Sing Instagram

I think the main focus is to bring office workers here for the happy hour and charge high prices for "Asian fusion" bar food.

What a bizarre combo.
I can only guess this has to be intended as a "something for everyone" place targeting work team lunches and after-work events.
It's probably doomed from the start, but if you time it right to get those December Christmas event bookings you can float through for a year or so.

"something for everyone" place targeting work team lunches and after-work events.

The Financial District restaurant model seems to run on the model of an "alcohol-heavy approach". The food is designed to be shareable or keep the guest longer thus more orders of alcohol per person.

The food doesn't have to be the best just good enough to keep the hunger away after downing 4 pints of beer.

The Financial District restaurant model seems to run on the model of an "alcohol-heavy approach". The food is designed to be shareable or keep the guest longer thus more orders of alcohol per person.

The food doesn't have to be the best just good enough to keep the hunger away after downing 4 pints of beer.
Oh, definitely, and it's amasing how many of the mid-price places have near identical appetiser menus.
Things like truffle fries, sliders, dynamite rolls, deep fried calamari, thai lettuce wraps, spinach and cheese dip, and of course the ubiquitous "loaded nachos"; all of them seem to be on the "sharing plates" menu at each one of these places.

Back