News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 422     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

Anyone up for some do-it-yourself work? I say a bunch of us just go by there late at night and tear the fence and wall down. It's been sitting there almost complete for over a month now, if not more.

Wouldn't surprise me if it isn't open because the person at city hall who gives the stamp of approval to open is on a 2 month vacation.

It will be opened just in time to be closed for the winter (as the city will be unable/unwilling to remove snow and ice from it).

Anyone up for some do-it-yourself work? I say a bunch of us just go by there late at night and tear the fence and wall down. It's been sitting there almost complete for over a month now, if not more.

Wouldn't surprise me if it isn't open because the person at city hall who gives the stamp of approval to open is on a 2 month vacation.

Probably someone took the big scissors used for ribbon cutting ceremonies to their cottage and accidentally forgot them.

Is it possible they are doing all of the underwater work before opening it?

Anything is 'possible' but I suspect they are waiting for some politician to come and open it and get free publicity. (What makes you think the underwater part is not finished? In one of their press releases Waterfront Toronto seemed to say it was done last spring, BEFORE the above water stuff.)

Anything is 'possible' but I suspect they are waiting for some politician to come and open it and get free publicity. (What makes you think the underwater part is not finished? In one of their press releases Waterfront Toronto seemed to say it was done last spring, BEFORE the above water stuff.)

Done before? Oh, well then :p

There were some harbourfront centre folk there yesterday. They were fishing around for some stuff in the water under the slip (garbage?). There's also now yellow 8 inch circles with the tiny slip resistant bumps on them surrounding the perimeter of the wood. I'll give another update when I walk by on my way home from work this afternoon.

there were two men working on the wood today as I walked by around 2:00. Looks like there's still some finishing touches to be done.

Thanks for the update guys.

I have just purchased a unit at West One (Cityplace), and I am really excited excited about the beautification of the waterfront. In 5 years, it looks like most of the projects will be completed, and waterfront will be transformed into something worth seeing.

Spadina WaveDeck Opening

Just got an e-mail response from WaterfronToronto this afternoon with an official reason for the delay in opening. Can't say I'm really surprised:

Dear Louroz,

Thank you for your email and interest in Waterfront Toronto. We anticipate that the Spadina WaveDeck will be open sometime in the next week or so. We are just in the process of doing the official handoff to the City of Toronto as they will be responsible for operating it. I will follow up with you early next week as I should after more information then.

Many thanks for your patience. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Back