Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

From preliminary I too like the look of 300 Front, but would be quite concerned about the effects of the mega-hydro transformers to the north~

I will just repeat what I had posted earlier on this thread:

Actually, most studies have shown no additional risk of cancer from exposure to low-intensity low-frequency EM fields, such as those generated around high-tension power lines or transformer substations. It appears that the current concerns about elevated cancer risk can be considered an urban legend. (There does seem to be an elevated risk of childhood leukemia according to some studies, but the numbers are low and may be coincidental.) There is also no known mechanism for such EM fields to cause cancer.

I will just repeat what I had posted earlier on this thread:
that quote means nothing. i could just as easily post a quote saying that transformers NOT causing cancer is just an urban legend. unless you are a doctor who has done extensive research in this area, or can link to the studies you are supposedly referencing, your quote is worthless.

This is not a thread for debating whether EM radiation causes cancer, and no one is pointing a gun at those who believe so and forcing them to get a unit at 300 Front W.

AoD

EM radiation is one reason why the 300 Front would have been a good site for a hotel...protect Torontonians, let the tourists get exposed to the radiation in tiny doses!

Don't use sunscreen? Your probably getting more harm that way then being near a hydro station. Anyway, I signed up for this condo's preview or what have you, and it says the sales launch will be near the end of summer (ie sept me thinks). Don't know if that had been posted but Im posting it anyway.

Cheers!

that quote means nothing. i could just as easily post a quote saying that transformers NOT causing cancer is just an urban legend. unless you are a doctor who has done extensive research in this area, or can link to the studies you are supposedly referencing, your quote is worthless.

Unlike you, I have looked at the papers. What biological mechanism would link EM radiation to cancer? (hint -- there is no known mechanism) Every reputable study I have seen shows no statistical link between EM radiation and cancer (with the possible exception of childhood leukemia).

1996 Stevens Report: "no evidence that showed exposure to EMF from power lines presented a human health hazard"

1997 National Cancer Institute report in New England Journal of Medicine, on ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) in children: "little evidence that living in homes characterized by high measured time-weighted average magnetic-field levels or by the highest wire-code category increases the risk of ALL in children"

2007 World Health Organization: "there are no substantive health issues related to ELF electric fields at levels generally encountered by members of the public"

Or are the World Health Organization and the National Cancer Institute, as well as numerous other groups, not good enough for you?

What do you like CGM? You have done nothing but criticize in your short time here and before you continue, I'd like to know what makes you go 'wow.'

If you'd like me to guide you so you can read my previous posts please let me know. You'll see that they are mixed. I prefer buildings that break the cereal box mold. I like The Bayview, King West Life, Emerald, Aura, just to name a few of the current projects... Riviera, Waterclub, Toronto City Hall, TD/CT building, just to name a few of the past... If you'd like a longer list, feel free to PM me... Like I said... this project is not bad, but nothing amazing in my opinion... With the exceptions of the colour which are trendy and refreshing... nice change from the green and blue... kapeesh?

Back