Toronto Gläs Condos | ?m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

Ha, Brad Lamb finally changes the "Move in June 2008" billboard. To funny. I'd say, move in the second floor starting December 2008.

Looks like the billboard is still there, they just covered up the date part. Maybe they'll even remove the part on their website that says "Construction Starting Soon." :)

I love how unabashedly modernist this project is. I am in love with it... even though it's just a big hunk of... well... glas(s) ;) No brick or anything, really.

But I don't care... that's the beauty of modernism. It just doesn't give a shit what you think ;) and therein lies the sexiness.

Okay, I'm getting poetic now :eek:

I like the project but I feel that if it's going to have a name like glas, they should at least invest in some serious glass. What we're getting is Cityplace Deluxe.

2532870944_9c5838b8dd_b.jpg

Those vertical slit windows and the way they open is a really cute touch in the design. Very functional but aesthetically a subtle and nice touch.

^ Did you mean not very functional? If that's as far as they open up then the only function they serve is letting noise in. I agree they are aestheticly pleasing, but would do very little in terms of air circulation.

I meant functional... of course they will let noise in-- it's the city. A larger window opening would let more noise in.

If people want fresh air that doesn't have that city quality to it, may I suggest climate control/Air Con. ;)

Actually I'd have to agree it's not very functional. It looks great but it looks like these folks don't have balconies or wide screen doors to open. What happens when you burn dinner? The bathroom/stove fan will take forever to clear it out.

June 26 2008

2615038678_3c8dc65290_b.jpg

2615039502_7acf0d2284_b.jpg

2614210911_851ccaeb94_b.jpg

Lovely little Street Wall happening along... that street...

It's topped out, glass is done up to the 7th floor, interior drywalling is going in, etc.

Funny thing, when I was riding by on the streetcar this week, a truck was blocking the hook on the g on the "gläs" sign, making it look like "aläs".

Chedingtonista's critique, I guess.

Back